"I Think I'll Stay with my Company. Thank You!"

ZenSamurai

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
New York
I have been purchasing some Medicare TM leads and I keep getting "I think I'll stay with my company. Thank you!" For now I just say "Okay. Thank you!" I've noticed they are very cautious for obvious reasons, but that statement is a very popular statement. What exactly do some of you veterans say to that? Or do you guys say the same thing so you can just get to the next lead or do you try to get through that roadblock? If it helps I'm doing this over the phone.

Just a wag, but your lead is probably off and you are not asking the right questions. I rarely get that objection.

How were your leads generated?

I get that objection and I just move on to the next. I make sure to take note of which company they are with and call them again when they get a rate increase. That's a little nugget from Frank Stastny...

I get that objection and I just move on to the next. I make sure to take note of which company they are with and call them again when they get a rate increase. That's a little nugget from Frank Stastny...

Do you know of a simple to use CRM where you can enter that information? Maybe where to get the CRM would be helpful.

Rick

What are the right questions to nip that objection in the bud before they say it?

Much depends on the lead source and how you open, but I always get into questions and I never "pitch" an idea.

If they answered a DM solicitation or did a web search I always ask what prompted them to respond or start a search.

Their answer will tell you right off if you are going to waste your time or not. If they give a flip answer, or say they were just looking, I will ask a few more questions to get them to open up. If they don't budge, I say "Looks like you have what you need. No need to take up any more of your time" and move on.

Keep in mind I sell by phone, no F2F and I don't cold call or go door knocking.

When I did sell F2F I never set an appointment without knowing I had a solid lead.

Back to the original question, if they have coverage now I always ask this.

Other than price, tell me one thing you don't like about your current plan. Now tell me something you do like.

The answers will give you everything you need to sell them ........ most of the time.

Anyone that is honest will always say they would like to save money. I work from the assumption they believe they are paying too much which is why I ask them to tell me what they like/don't like other than price.

Once they tell me that I will ask for policy details. Which plan, carrier and the premium.

By then they will usually give that information freely. If not it is going to be a very short phone call.

Selling is not telling or convincing.

Selling is finding the root of the problem (from their perspective), what they think the solution is, and showing them how to fix it.

They will never buy anything that does not improve on their current situation. If they don't open up with you then you are wasting your time and theirs.

Look at it like this.

You go to the doctor because you have a problem. The doc asks a series of questions to figure out what is wrong, make a diagnosis, and offer a fix.

If you don't answer the questions you have wasted the doc's time and yours.

In a sales setting, you are the doctor, they are the patient. You have to find out what is wrong before you can fix the problem.

If you ask enough questions, and ask the right ones, they will tell you exactly what they want.

I agree with the others in that you may be asking the wrong questions.

Are you trying to sell one carrier vs theirs or more of a general landscape of carriers in the market?
Are you trying to lead in with price?
Is there one carrier that you are running into more? What information do you have on them and how are you selling against it?

It can be a delicate situation as you do not want the prospect to feel like they made the wrong decision choosing that plan or carrier, but you want them to change to what you are offering.

"That is a great policy / carrier / choice you made, but I have found while that plan was a good choice when you made it, a lot of my clients have changed to XXX because of (lower rate increases, better service, better coverage, whatever benefit)" - something along those lines...

I have only heard this on teli leads, Never on web leads maybe once in a blue on DM,What baffles me Is most time this is said is when someone is paying near $100 too much for the same plan and can save even more going from F to G

Back