"I Think I'll Stay with my Company. Thank You!"

To be honest, I have signed up with someone who has been completely absent so I am asking these questions on here.

I cold call at the moment and that's how I try to get my leads. I've heard that's the best way to generate leads for medicare. Does it make sense to do direct mailing or anything else to get leads faster?

To be quite honest I have signed up with someone who has been completely absent so I am asking these questions on here. To be quite honest I have signed up with someone who has been completely absent so I am asking these questions on here. I cold call at the moment and that's how I try to get my leads. I've heard that's the best way to generate leads for medicare. Does it make sense to do direct mailing or anything else to get leads faster?

The only thing that makes sense is what works best for you. And the only way you'll know is by trying multiple methods. If you try DM don't just do it once. You'll have to try it several times to really know.

To be honest, I have signed up with someone who has been completely absent so I am asking these questions on here.

I cold call at the moment and that's how I try to get my leads. I've heard that's the best way to generate leads for medicare. Does it make sense to do direct mailing or anything else to get leads faster?

DM and telemarketing have worked well for me. I have not done direct mail in 2 years though.

To be honest, I have signed up with someone who has been completely absent so I am asking these questions on here. I cold call at the moment and that's how I try to get my leads. I've heard that's the best way to generate leads for medicare. Does it make sense to do direct mailing or anything else to get leads faster?

Ding ding. If "you" are cold calling I wouldn't go for anything to personal till you have truly built trust and a relationship. To them If "you" are the one cold calling you are just a telemarketer, no trust.

Asked a woman what she liked about my process after the app this week, she said "once I educated her on page 96 in the Medicare Guide, all plans being the same between companies the only difference is price", then to her its basically reduced to how much do you want to pay per gallon if its all the same. People who get that are/become good prospects.
You can wedge between the company using price, or you can do it using service (whens the last time they talked to their agent, did they mention...).

Asked a woman what she liked about my process after the app this week, she said "once I educated her on page 96 in the Medicare Guide, all plans being the same between companies the only difference is price", then to her its basically reduced to how much do you want to pay per gallon if its all the same. People who get that are/become good prospects.
You can wedge between the company using price, or you can do it using service (whens the last time they talked to their agent, did they mention...).

I always cover that with them and even use the following on a regular basis:

"If there were to gas stations side by side and one had gas at $2.00 per gallon and the other was at $2.50 per gallon, which one would you use?"

And when they see Medicare tells them the only difference is premium, it's no longer just a sales pitch.

Ultimately, as Bob stated, we're simply finding out what their problem is and offering a solution to that problem.

You can go over that all day long and even in person show it too them, and if there is no trust or (over the phone) you jump to fast you will lose.

Hell I have clients on MOO from 2000 that I can save $250 per month and they won't switch. Because MOO pays the bills. And frankly that isn't a trust issue with me it's a trust issue with "other companies".

Oh wait they won't switch sometimes cuz "does my Dr. accept them" question.
I have called the Dr. with the client an proved that "no name XYZ company" will be accepted and they still won't change.

I feel blanket statements for new agents is an agent killer.

Build crazy trust and build a crazy relationship before you go for the sale.

For me it is easy I have 4 clients.

You can go over that all day long and even in person show it too them, and if there is no trust or (over the phone) you jump to fast you will lose.

Hell I have clients on MOO from 2000 that I can save $250 per month and they won't switch. Because MOO pays the bills. And frankly that isn't a trust issue with me it's a trust issue with "other companies".

Oh wait they won't switch sometimes cuz "does my Dr. accept them" question.
I have called the Dr. with the client an proved that "no name XYZ company" will be accepted and they still won't change.

I feel blanket statements for new agents is an agent killer.

Build crazy trust and build a crazy relationship before you go for the sale.

For me it is easy I have 4 clients.

Wow, you've doubled up SAI on clients.

All kidding aside, trust is the number one issue in this business. Without it, you won't have long term success. And believe it or not (this is for everyone, not just Thad as I'm sure he knows) it's not difficult to build trust over the phone. And even easier when the person was referred to you by a friend. The trust battle was almost over when they called you.

Back