"I Think I'll Stay with my Company. Thank You!"

not difficult to build trust over the phone.

I find it easier by taking it slow.

Had a lady last week that called, looking for coverage for her husband (turning 65). I started by asking how long she had been looking, what she had looked at, etc.

She interrupted and said. "Look, my husband is a doctor and I am the office manager. I handle all the insurance so I know what I want. I just need some rates".

So I gave her rates.

Then I sent her an email, thanking her for her time and restating the rates. I also said that I was surprised she didn't ask more questions. I threw out a couple of examples of things that would be important to me if I was shopping around.

I closed by wishing her well and said I was closing her file.

A week later she emailed back, chastising me for being so quick to close the file. She admitted I was right and she had not asked enough questions such as .......

Then she wanted to know if she could call me this week to discuss it further.

I responded by answering her questions, exactly as asked (which still isn't enough to really make a sound decision) and wished her well again.

Haven't heard back. Don't expect to. Don't want to.

Sometimes I use the takeaway to get them to come back, sometimes to get them to go bother someone else.

My plan with this woman was to get her to the point of being someone else's problem.

It worked.

I find it easier by taking it slow. Had a lady last week that called, looking for coverage for her husband (turning 65). I started by asking how long she had been looking, what she had looked at, etc. She interrupted and said. "Look, my husband is a doctor and I am the office manager. I handle all the insurance so I know what I want. I just need some rates". So I gave her rates. Then I sent her an email, thanking her for her time and restating the rates. I also said that I was surprised she didn't ask more questions. I threw out a couple of examples of things that would be important to me if I was shopping around. I closed by wishing her well and said I was closing her file. A week later she emailed back, chastising me for being so quick to close the file. She admitted I was right and she had not asked enough questions such as ....... Then she wanted to know if she could call me this week to discuss it further. I responded by answering her questions, exactly as asked (which still isn't enough to really make a sound decision) and wished her well again. Haven't heard back. Don't expect to. Don't want to. Sometimes I use the takeaway to get them to come back, sometimes to get them to go bother someone else. My plan with this woman was to get her to the point of being someone else's problem. It worked.

Well you didn't have to give her my name and number. What did I ever do to you?

Well you didn't have to give her my name and number. What did I ever do to you?

Of course I gave her your name and number. Surprised she hasn't called already. Maybe I pi$$ed her off so badly I lost credibility.

Asked a woman what she liked about my process after the app this week, she said "once I educated her on page 96 in the Medicare Guide, all plans being the same between companies the only difference is price", then to her its basically reduced to how much do you want to pay per gallon if its all the same.

Was this a face to face or a telesale?

I work during the day and do Medicare over the phone when I return home through the evening.

Are you trying to one-call-close them?

There are so many areas where you can get off track. What does your upline have to offer?

IMHO...., there are only 4 parts to the phone sales process. Now you can and should expand on each point, but it's the basics.

In this order.

1. Building trust and a relationship.
1a. Work effort and attitude.
2. Product knowledge.
3. Sales skills.

Back