I want to be a Cat Adjuster

I hope you understand that it's not going to happen over night. It's going to take years. If you already know how to read and understand insurance policies your next step is to get a Georgia adjuster's license.

See:

GEORGIA ADJUSTER LICENSING INFORMATION

Note section 2.4 Pre Licensing Education.

That requires 40 hours of P&C courses followed by a licensing exam.

Once you get a license you'll have to take continuing education for every two year renewal.

Along the way learn everything you can about the building trades. You can do it out of books but it's better to get some hands on experience. Build a shed in your backyard from scratch. Design it on paper, dig the footings, set the forms and the rebar, pour and finish the concrete, frame the building, install the roof shingles, install lights and outlets, hang, tape, and texture the drywall, paint in and out, install a utility sink. That'll give you a very basic idea of how it works with houses and commercial buildings.

You'll need to learn how to use a variety of estimating software. Buy one of the Craftsman insurance or construction estimating books and use that to figure out how much your shed should cost and compare it to what you spent.

If you want to be self employed as an adjuster once you get a license you'll have to seek work from insurance company claims departments that, unfortunately for you, typically hire established adjusting companies (like Crawford). You might take years to establish enough contacts where you can make a living at it. The alternative is seek employment with an independent adjusting company or an insurance company claims department as a field adjuster.

One last thing. If you have a problem with heights, give up the idea, because you will have to walk around on roofs of all shapes, sizes and angles of multi-story buildings.

Maybe try the FE forum they have a lot of experience with Cat ladies

Had one come to the door the other day... she was tending to her feline family when I caught her... she was wearing gloves... we talked on the porch... she removed one pair of gloves as we spoke... she was wearing 2 pairs of disposable gloves!!! :shocked:

Back