I Want to Purchase and Established Independent P&C Agency

I Want to Purchase an Established Independent P&C Agency

I am looking to purchase an established independent agency with a handful of direct carrier appointments and a solid book of P&C business.

I am wanting to purchase not so much for the book but for the infrastructure and carrier appointments. I am in a unique position to get a solid lead flow in which I estimate I could place at minimum 150 HOI and Auto policies a month given the proper infrastructure as well as bring a lot more to the table.

Location not an issue but Midwest is ideal, Missouri is even better. We will be looking to place business in several states.

Where should I go to get a solid flow of potential prospects looking to sell their agency?

My target purchase price is between $500k and $1mm. Like I said I want a well established agency.

Last edited:
when you find the place let me know too, I am also looking to purchase an established agency in Virginia.

Not sure 1 Mil is going to buy you a very well established agency. Unless you're meaning that's what you have for a downpayment on an agency.

Here is advice that I have received elsewhere and I think it is valid
"......open up the yellow page book in the territory your interested in. I know
many seniors who still use the yellow page, and you can count on them being over
55. I also suggest that you do this leg work yourself. It takes your involvement
or someone who knows what the hell their looking for, to find that diamond in
the ruff.....Make sure all of these companies will automatically allow you to
own the former owners customers, or you are buying swamp land in Florida."

I think the agency that are publicly advertised for sale usually aren't worth buying. Find one where the owner might consider selling but hasn't made it known.

Last edited:
Back