I Want to Take Advantage of the Marketplace

cash4urx

I have access to an online marketing company that will pay me basically for business and individual health insurance referrals and their lisenced brokers will close the deal. I have heard of representatives capturing companies that have up to 1000 employees resulting in the rep making up to $8,000 a month!! I am super excited but don't know the first thing about insurance lingo. People are saying just ask the company owner if they would be interested in a free Health insurance analysis as a starter.

Good luck, last time I checked, we are serious insurance agents and agency owners, we don't just "learn the lingo". I'm thinking you'll have to fish somewhere else.

Sorry for the choice of words, but I have been looking at lots of post and seeing several acronyms used that of course only those who are in the insurance market are familiar with. But the point of the post is to find out how those of you who are and have been brokers would suggest the best approach would be for one who is not an agent.

Business owners are bombarded by telemarketers who want to quote either health insurance or credit card processing. It is an absolute plague.

Business owners are bombarded by telemarketers who want to quote either health insurance or credit card processing. It is an absolute plague.

That they are.. Hey Xrac I can get you a great deal on your merchant services.

There are plenty of agents that do really well walking into this with no experience when they have a large natural market to work on a favorable basis. If someone already has a dozen close friends with companies employing 10k lives and they'll just roll the business over, you don't need to know the lingo, you need a good referral partner. That's ENTIRELY different than thinking you can just cold call people and have them roll over for you when you "learn the lingo".

I have access to an online marketing company that will pay me basically for business and individual health insurance referrals and their lisenced brokers will close the deal. I have heard of representatives capturing companies that have up to 1000 employees resulting in the rep making up to $8,000 a month!! I am super excited but don't know the first thing about insurance lingo. People are saying just ask the company owner if they would be interested in a free Health insurance analysis as a starter.

Join a local agency for 6 months. Do a few ride-alongs with an experienced agent or manager (or whatever title an agency drums up to keep agents around). Learning through experience will benefit you infinitely more than reading the lingo.

Back