I was 3 Questions AWAY from PASSING!

Today was my 3rd TIME taking the exam in Michigan we need 73% to pass. I felt much better today BUT still did not pass. There were a few questions thrown in that I was unsure of and I did go back and change a few of my answers at the end.
My scores
1st: 70.6%
2nd: 70.6%
3rd: 71.3 % or 107 correct BUT I must score at least 110.
My year to review with Kaplan is up and I am wondering what is not clicking.
What should I do? Are there Insurance Exam tutors?
I am SO ready to go to WORK! :wacko:

Next time try ExamFx if you are thinking about getting another license. I am not sure about Kaplan. I have heard mixed reviews about them. Some people say their material is overwhelming with the amount of content and others say the material is right on! It all depends on your learning style. Some people like a lot of information thrown at them and others only want what they need to know. ExamFx is mix of both, in my opinion, and the practice exam results will tell you exactly what chapters or areas you need to review to improve scoring. Red dots next to a subject area indicate unsatisfactory and improvement is needed, yellow dots indicate that you are satisfactory but could use some more review in that area and green dots mean that you have totally mastered that section 100%. I am not sure if the Kaplan system has this feature. This is very useful on the ExamFx platform if you need to know what areas you are struggling with the most in order to direct your focus.

I failed my test the first time because I was nervous. The next time I sat in the parking lot and drank a screwdriver.....you know, vodka and OJ? Anyhow I walked in very relaxed after that drink and flew through the test.....and passed! Pretty sure I've not had a screwdriver since then.......that was about 10 years ago. I guess in todays world you could take a xanex or something to calm the nerves......might help.

Today was my 3rd TIME taking the exam in Michigan we need 73% to pass. I felt much better today BUT still did not pass. There were a few questions thrown in that I was unsure of and I did go back and change a few of my answers at the end.
My scores
1st: 70.6%
2nd: 70.6%
3rd: 71.3 % or 107 correct BUT I must score at least 110.
My year to review with Kaplan is up and I am wondering what is not clicking.
What should I do? Are there Insurance Exam tutors?
I am SO ready to go to WORK! :wacko:
You know the old saying..."the 4th time's a charm". :twitchy:

Good luck! :yes:

Hey everyone! I found an unlikely book title that actually helped to clarify Commercial Package Policies for me and a few other areas because I struggled to understand ExamFx's material which I felt was disorganized or slack in some areas. Nonetheless, the title is called The Fundamentals of Risk and Insurance (Tenth Edition). It's my insurance bible now!!! It is a college text written for undergrad business majors who have never come into contact with the field of insurance beyond a personal auto policy or renter's insurance (LOL!). It's easy to understand with in-text examples to explain the concepts. Also, it covers little tidbits of information on insurance history here and there (for example, the first homeowner policies were introduced in 1958) which make for good reading. The text is 574 pages and covers everything that you would need for a P&C license and then some. The flow of the information will hold your attention from the beginning to the end. I used this text primarily to clarify commercial package policies; Chapter 31 - Commercial Property Insurance is what helped me pass my state exam with a higher than average score. Chapter 32 - Surety Bonds and Trade Credit was incredible. I think I gained way more knowledge and clarity by supplementing this text as additional reading once I clumsily finished reading the ExamFx study material.

Last edited:
Back