I Was Just Checking this Out I Have Coverage Through my Job

How do you handle this please?

I explain to them that this may or may not be something they can take when they retire or leave the job and that the death benefit will most likely go down either way. The bottom line is that it is a GROUP policy and that they own a Certificate and that NOTHING is guaranteed.

Do you ask them like that or in different words ?

I tell them there are 3 reasons people send in the card. If I go through the 3 reasons and they say none of them was their reason then I ask just like that, "why did you send this in? Why do you have me here?"

I do no other talks until I get a why. If I don't get a why then I'm gone. I do not present to uninterested people.

I tell them there are 3 reasons people send in the card. If I go through the 3 reasons and they say none of them was their reason then I ask just like that, "why did you send this in? Why do you have me here?"

I do no other talks until I get a why. If I don't get a why then I'm gone. I do not present to uninterested people.

I made a note to try that strategy on my next visit.

I do, however, present to uninterestING people on a regular basis.:biggrin:

I made a note to try that strategy on my next visit.

Valuable info from JD. That's something he taught me.

No sense getting into a back and forth with them. That personally never worked out for me.

I now respond to objections with a question(s) and it all leads back to why I'm there.

How do you handle this please?

Response:

"If you have coverage on the job, then what were your thoughts and concerns when you sent in the card?"

"I was just curious about how the program works."

At this point, I am not feeling positive about the progression of the appointment, so I'll ask them some basic fact-finding questions, then remark that, "Most insurance at works goes away when you quit, die, or retire. I can get you a policy to cover your final expenses regardless of what happens to your job. If I can show you an affordable way to get a policy to cover your burial, would this be something you'd be interested in purchasing today?"

I may be more specific and give them a price range ($20-$35 a month) to really qualify and gauge their level of interest.

If they do not give me a resounding, 100% YES, then I pack up and leave.

Valuable info from JD. That's something he taught me.

No sense getting into a back and forth with them. That personally never worked out for me.

I now respond to objections with a question(s) and it all leads back to why I'm there.

True Dat! Most of the time, when the presentation is done smoothly, they won't even bring it up anyway... but some do!

Back