I Was Wrong About Amerilife

GreenSky

Guru
5000 Post Club
Henderson, NV
I've posted many times that Amerilife will indeed release independent agents. This was based upon my conversations with Frank Stastny (who promised to release) and his upline who repeated that promise. What I didn't know is that the release can take forever.

Case in point is a friend of mine. He had not written with MoO for about 9 months but because he would be soliciting in another state it would be necessary to have them available. His contracts for other carriers are through another FMO and wanted this as well. (He gets marketing help, etc.)

It has now been 7 weeks and no release. According to Frank's upline, "I never said it would be overnight." There is a difference between overnight and 7 weeks.

He made an excuse that it sat on one persons desk for 3 weeks and then the one person that handles this was out for a while. Bulls*t and not acceptable.

"It's imposed by the carriers." Another bullsh*t statement since if the marketer simply releases, there is nothing that is imposed.

So I have now changed my tune and no longer assume that Amerilife is as honest as Frank has once alleged.

There are a couple of former captive Amerilife agents that will feel obligated to post on this thread so have at it. I'm warning independent agents to avoid Amerilife if at all possible.

You may be released, but it might take longer than just waiting out your 6-12 months.

Rick

Been there, done that. It was with Frank no less. I had to move my MOO contract from Frank to someone else. Frank would release me, but his upline would not. My new upline had to trade an agent to Amerilife to get my release.

The problem with Releases is exactly as others have said. Your upline may be willing to sign a blank release form for you but the carrier may require thier upline to agree and there is the rub. I always assume if things go sour I will have to sit out that carrier for 6-12 months.

Which is why when I get marketing calls and I want to try out a new marketer I always ask what carriers they carry and put 1 contract I could care less about and see what unfolds most of the time I cease to be important any longer and all the promises vanish.

I'm the person Rick is referring to.

I had requested a release, to move to a different marketer 7 weeks weeks ago. I've had many contacts with Frank's upline trying to get a release but there seem to be infinite delays.

I haven't been told that I won't get a release, but after this length of time, It's looking like I'm just going to have to wait out my contract.

I'm glad Rick posted about this. I'm sure there's many other agents out there that have entrusted in Amerilife to grant Frank's agents a release. Which is proving to either not be true or literally, the lowest priority on their list of things to do.

They really don't release anyone. I've tried 2 different times, ad nauseum - tried to also get MOO involved on my behalf. I was also told the last time, I'd have to go dormant for 12 months to have them "allow" a release & at the time it wasn't feasible. So,
I still have that one contract with them. I'd contracted with a different entity when I first started & had no idea that these folks were in their "upline" - so they released me & then I couldn't get out from under Amerilife. Should be called "Run for your Life". . . . .

Are reciprocal releases still used today? I was trying to get a release but my current FMO will only release me if I get a reciprocal release signed from my new upline and my new upline wont sign anything from another FMO. The new upline says reciprocal releases are old school and he doesn't need that, all MAPD business will continue with the new company and any chargebacks follow me.

I've put several of my med supp contracts through AmeriLife. I can guarantee you that I can get a release for my agents faster than that. Homey don't play that!

The problem here is that Frank isn't around to make it happen.

Medsuptage, give me a call tomorrow. I'll see if I can't help you out.

I've put several of my med supp contracts through AmeriLife. I can guarantee you that I can get a release for my agents faster than that. Homey don't play that!

The problem here is that Frank isn't around to make it happen.

Medsuptage, give me a call tomorrow. I'll see if I can't help you out.

Frank was still going strong when I had my problem with Amerilife. It was people above him that were the problem, not Frank.

Back