I Wonder if the Final Expense Pros Felt Like This Starting Off.

Anthonyyard

Expert
I have been selling Medicare advantage plans for the past year.A good friend of mine suggested adding final expense to my list of products.he told me about foresters and how final expense works.following this day pretty much started my thirst of knowledge for final expense.I googled final expense and started researching anything I could read on it.somehow a link led to another link which landed me here on the forum.what a relief ,now I found a place where I could get some quality knowledge on final expense.

I started searching different topics from contracts,presentations,objections,close the sale,etc.I was reading the comments from the gurus giving advice, and clicking on their website trying to find more information.I came across newby interview with jdeasy,and taking notes.somebody led me to another website and I found more info on YouTube about final expense presentations.than I found finalexpense101 which has some great information I really needed to piece things together.and pretty much the list goes on for information.

I'm at the point where I have information over load,I need a break.but one thing I understand is there's a learning curve no matter what you do,and you have to go through it.so here I am now prospecting.finding the people to talk to about final expense.I read just about every which way to market final expense.I made a decision and did a direct mail campaign about 2 and half weeks ago.I spent 370 for 1,000.I didn't know if it was going to work but I just trusted the forum and all the guys talking about how good direct mail works.well to my surprise it does.I got 2 leads sat,than 5 more tues.here I am I got leads and the campaign worked.

now I'm like do I call or door knock ,what should I do.at this point with all the research you would think I'm ready to go.but here I am saying to myself Anthony are you ready,can you do it.I guess alittle fear set in.but I did it anyway.the first two leads I called and got an appointment for Thursday.no problem at all.the new set I will call in the morning.one of the leads I will try and door knock.I guess feel the fear and do it anyway.I know I will make mistakes,I'm just trying to be prepared as much as possible.thanks for reading guys.

Last edited:
Most folks that sell MA will never really make great FE agents. There's nothing wrong with that, but they're just two different critters. Selling final expense is a different process than the pitch for an MA so although it's roughly the same crowd, it's a very different situation.

Does your friend actively sell FE? If they're a *good* FE agent you should see if they'll let you go on a few appointments with them. It's really difficult to train someone to sell FE over the phone/internet vs showing them how a pitch is done in the house.

If I might make another suggestion, next time you post it would help if you broke up your post into paragraphs and put a space between sentences. It may seem like it's not a big deal, but it can go a long way with folks that want to be helpful.

Most folks that sell MA will never really make great FE agents. There's nothing wrong with that, but they're just two different critters. Selling final expense is a different process than the pitch for an MA so although it's roughly the same crowd, it's a very different situation.

Does your friend actively sell FE? If they're a *good* FE agent you should see if they'll let you go on a few appointments with them. It's really difficult to train someone to sell FE over the phone/internet vs showing them how a pitch is done in the house.

If I might make another suggestion, next time you post it would help if you broke up your post into paragraphs and put a space between sentences. It may seem like it's not a big deal, but it can go a long way with folks that want to be helpful.

Come on josh. We both know it's more fun to read one long paragraph then multiple ones;)

Sometimes you just have to get out there and learn on the fly. Learning what not to do can be more important than learning what to do.

You can read and prepare all you want but you really learn on the fly. What works well for one person may not work for another. It is a matter of personality, comfort level for both you and your client. A good sales person has to be able to read the client and adjust accordingly. I don't dress any better than they do and I use language that they understand not insurance jargon. The more talking I can get them to do upfront the better off I am. You get a lot of information asking open ended questions- I show the client their answers are important by taking notes as we talk; with their permission of course; and keep it in my files. If you can create an environment that you are there to help them with a viable solution to their problem you are halfway there (assuming they have money).

From there I transition into my solutions- they choose which is best for them.

My friend is in Delaware.so its just videos and forums.thanks for telling me about the paragraphs
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sometimes you just have to get out there and learn on the fly. Learning what not to do can be more important than learning what to do.

Yeah I know, just get out there and practice.I might fail at first,but as long as I learn from my mistakes than I should be fine.
You can read and prepare all you want but you really learn on the fly. What works well for one person may not work for another. It is a matter of personality, comfort level for both you and your client. A good sales person has to be able to read the client and adjust accordingly. I don't dress any better than they do and I use language that they understand not insurance jargon. The more talking I can get them to do upfront the better off I am. You get a lot of information asking open ended questions- I show the client their answers are important by taking notes as we talk; with their permission of course; and keep it in my files. If you can create an environment that you are there to help them with a viable solution to their problem you are halfway there (assuming they have money).

From there I transition into my solutions- they choose which is best for them.

I read people say they give them three quotes and ask which one fits into their budget. How do you write it down. $30 ,$50, or $80. Or do you write it out $30 - $7000 , $50 - 10,000 , $80 - 15,000.Mrs which one fits your budget ?(example)

Last edited:
My friend is in Delaware.so its just videos and forums.thanks for telling me about the paragraphs

Yeah I know, just get out there and practice.I might fail at first,but as long as I learn from my mistakes than I should be fine.

I read people say they give them three quotes and ask which one fits into their budget. How do you write it down. $30 ,$50, or $80. Or do you write it out $30 - $7000 , $50 - 10,000 , $80 - 15,000.Mrs which one fits your budget ?(example)

I agree with JD, You just have to get out there. Sometimes I need to try my own medicine.

_If_ I offer options. I do it this way. I do not believe there is a correct or incorrect way.

$15,000.00 @ 80.
$10,000.00 @ 50.
$ 7,000.00 @ 30.

I round off the Premium amount. To me 50. looks better than $49.73

Lee

A slight change in the verbiage:

Here are three options, which one do you think would work best for you?

It's not just about their budget, it's about what is going to work best for them.

A slight change in the verbiage:

Here are three options, which one do you think would work best for you?

It's not just about their budget, it's about what is going to work best for them.

In the FE market is all about their budget. Probably saying the same thing since if it ain't in the budget it ain't working for them either.:)

Back