IA Question

cgreene

Guru
100+ Post Club
Independant agents that operate in multiple states I have a question. Did you register your LLC in each state you are operating in?

Don't take this as legal advice...we are licensed in every state, due to the nature of our business it made sense for us. But i would look at how many states you are looking to be licensed in, and how much business you are doing in each state. Also keep in mind the tax implications of income from various states.

I talked to a lawyer and figured it out. I can do business in those states without registering llc as long as it is done by phone. Then the income is reported in the state I am operating from.

I talked to a lawyer and figured it out. I can do business in those states without registering llc as long as it is done by phone. Then the income is reported in the state I am operating from.

You certainly don't have to register the LLC with the Secretary of State's office in each state. But to sell insurance in those states and have commissions paid to the LLC, some carriers will require the agency (LLC) be licensed as well as you (that means you get to pay two non-res fees in each state for those carriers who require it).

Back