IAIC

fingbrokers

Oregon
I've been told of a new health company by the name of Independence American Insurance Company. They have very little info on the website. Does anyone know anything about is company.

Thanks

I've been told of a new health company by the name of Independence American Insurance Company. They have very little info on the website. Does anyone know anything about is company.

Thanks

home - American Independence Corporation

It's my understanding that they are owned by BCBS of South Carolina.

They have 2 marketing companies. IAC and IHC. Norvax supports IAC. In Colorado their products are very competitivly priced in the mountain towns. IHC has a product line from Companion thats pretty good as well. When you sign up with their HSA product they put the firt months premium in you HSA account.

I actualy spoke with them yesterday and you have to go through a GA to sell their product.

Hello All, Sundance here. I know a few things about IAIC or Independence American Insurance Corporation. Mainly because I work for them!

They are not that new, as they have been around for over 40 years and are rated A- by AM Best.

Their policies are PPO and HSA with a variety of deductibles, co-insurances, and levels of premium to minimize exposure.

The group I work with in Matthews, NC is very big on training and even going out and helping you make your first 2-3 sales.

They cater to small businesses and sole proprietors as well as families on COBRA or without any insurance. They also "relieve the pain" of high cost Insurance.

I have been with them for three weeks and while I haven't made a sale yet, I am NEW to Selling, and Insurance as well. So for now I canvas industrial parks and place fliers in newspaper slots on mailboxes.

I need to network, so I lokking to join the local Chamber of Commerce as well as your group.

Hope this answers the questions.

Sundance66

I am highly successful as an independent but I was also highly successful when I was with NASE as well.

I would venture to say that if not for NASE I would not be as successful as I am today. A new agent starting independently has a 1/100 chance of success in this business. The best way to cut your teeth so to speak is to work for a captive house because you will learn to sell and you will develop the discipline and thick skin necessary to succeed in insurance sales if you commit to the program and work hard. Even in captive houses only 5-10% will ever learn to make a living in this industry.

Everytime I read a ripoff report I see the same things especially that commissions are low; 18-20%. This is true but what has a green agent done to earn a higher compensation level? What track record does he have to justify a higher contract?

Also the argument about that the plans suck. Yes some plans suck with captives and if they are sold as something they are not that is a breach of ethics; but I would argue that certain plans that the major carriers market also suck. Either they limit benefits or they simply dont cover certain things adequately.

As far as application fees; one again if the pay $95 to apply so what thats 8.00 a month for the first year a very small portion of the premium.

I have come to believe that most of us sometime forget where we come from, we forget the dues we paid to get where we are and we must remember we were not always the advisors we are today. We all learned somewhere.

If you start without a support structure; you will buy 30 leads take the rejection personally, lose $210 dollars and quit.

Back