Ideas for Short Term Production Increase, Job at Risk

fearls1

Hey guys, I'm still new to this forum.

I am coming here for any help/ideas on how to increase my short term production ASAP.

I have 1 month to increase my weekly policy average from 3.0 to 4.2. I work for Liberty Mutual so I need policies that count as a "stroke". Umbrella, Landlord, watercraft policies don't get tallied up as part of this 4.2 average that I have to maintain at the minimum to keep my job.

My current book of business and buying internet leads is what I am focusing on right now.

Any other ideas?

I am coming here for any help/ideas on how to increase my short term production ASAP.

I have 1 month to increase my weekly policy average from 3.0 to 4.2. I work for Liberty Mutual so I need policies that count as a "stroke". Umbrella, Landlord, watercraft policies don't get tallied up as part of this 4.2 average that I have to maintain at the minimum to keep my job.

My current book of business and buying internet leads is what I am focusing on right now.

Any other ideas?

Cold calling is a great way to talk to people fast.

If I was your manager I would be saying that this is because you didn't source yourself well enough because you don't have policies coming in from GSP's, Mortgage brokers, CFP's, ect. But I get a little queasy at the thought of sounding like an LM manger.

As an agent I would say with a month to go it is a little late to start sourcing yourself but I would recommend still doing it. What I would do is generating a list of 0000 accounts and stay late every night and cross sell those. These will close the quickest.

I would also call all your current policyholders and let them know you are running a new campaign and that if they could come up with 5 people that would benefit from your service they qualify for a $25 gift card of their choice (check with your DOI to see if this is legal).

Last but not least start working your natural market, friends & family.

Hope this helps big guy

Last edited:
Ahhh the good old PVP (Production Validation Period) with Liberty Mutual. To boost your production you can do the things your manager preaches daily:

1) "Quote, quote, quote!!!"
2) Prospect the group accounts (GSP accounts)
3) Cross sell current book
4) Ask current book for referrals

...or you can see this as an opportunity to make real money and work for an independent agency or try to start your own agency;)

Any other ideas?

I second the cold calling (or door knocking which is just as cold!)

I agree also that if you haven't made your network connections with people that share similar clients (financial planners, CPA, Health Brokers, etc) you're a bit late in the relationship building portion of the game.

So for this month, roll up your sleeves and get to work and pray the Management Gods keep you for another month. ;)

Cold calling is a great way to talk to people fast.
Also good for looking for a needle in a haystack.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
To boost your production you can do the things your manager preaches daily...
The best way to boost production would be to do the opposite of "what your manager preaches daily." If your manager knew how to produce, he/she wouldn't be a "manager".

Last edited:
Also good for looking for a needle in a haystack.

Oh come now, you can do better than that.

Cold calling is tough. It takes a lot of calls to get some warm/hot leads that turn into sales. If your job is on the line and you need clients fast, that's something you can start right away. To go with the needle in a haystack analogy, if you had to spend all day to find a needle and that needle meant saving your job, your motivation might be a bit better than a few hundred bucks in a commission.

Do you have another suggestion for a way of getting in front of people fast?

Honestly, networking at chamber/BNI/business functions is also sorting through the haystack as well. Takes longer to process because it's relationship based, rather than transaction based.

It takes a lot of calls to get some warm/hot leads that turn into sales.
Thanks. You make my point very eloquently.
If your job is on the line and you need clients fast, that's something you can start right away.
If your "job is on the line", you've got much bigger problems than cold calling can solve. Because you can "start right away" makes it effective? Hogwash.
Do you have another suggestion for a way of getting in front of people fast?
I've posted probably fifty suggestions over the last six years or so. Try a forum search.

When someone has to increase their production by nearly fifty percent - in the short term - my educated guess is that they aren't going to make it. It's desperation time.

Back