IEP2 Catastrophic Stage Reset?

mcd

Expert
I have a client who is on Medicare disability but will be turning 65 this year. She is currently in the catastrophic stage with her drug plan. How is this handled if she switches to a new PDP the month she turns 65? Will she start back at "stage 1" or will she continue in "stage 4" for the remainder of the year? I should know this but it's not something you run into very often. Thanks!

Her drug spending should be tracked at the CMS level so changing PDPs shouldn't have an impact. I don't have a source at my fingertips though so don't hold me to it.

Her drug spending should be tracked at the CMS level so changing PDPs shouldn't have an impact. I don't have a source at my fingertips though so don't hold me to it.

I think I have seen a comment to that effect somewhere recently while looking at drugs classified on different tiers on different plans. I was looking on the Q1 medicare site, but I really don't remember if the comment showed up on Q1 or in some related article I found elsewhere.

I think I have seen a comment to that effect somewhere recently while looking at drugs classified on different tiers on different plans. I was looking on the Q1 medicare site, but I really don't remember if the comment showed up on Q1 or in some related article I found elsewhere.
What a great answer LD. “I think...”, “I really don’t remember..”.

personal-brand-gratitude-generosity-opposite-thank-you.gif

Back