If a Client Drops an Old Plan J Voluntarily, Does She Qualify for a SEP for Part D?

If a client voluntarily drops a old Plan J, with drug coverage to a certain extent, does she automatically get a new SEP to enroll in another Part D?

To me it makes sense, but what do you all think? My upline thinks she does not qualify for a SEP to enroll in another part D even though she has lost the 50% drug coverage she had with the antique Plan J.

Please advise. Thanks!

No, They had an opportunity and received a letter long ago> I am pretty sure the J drug cov is not considered as good as medicare and they face a penalty as well,

The second part I am not as sure of but I am sure no SEP

If a client voluntarily drops a old Plan J, with drug coverage to a certain extent, does she automatically get a new SEP to enroll in another Part D?

To me it makes sense, but what do you all think? My upline thinks she does not qualify for a SEP to enroll in another part D even though she has lost the 50% drug coverage she had with the antique Plan J.

Please advise. Thanks!

I agree with your upline. That 50% coverage isn't as good as Part D, so it wouldn't be considered to be creditable coverage. She'll have to wait until the 1st of the year and will probably a have a big penalty that will add $30 plus a month to her premium.

Jumping on the no SEP bandwagon here. She should've received a letter every year to notify her that the drug coverage does not meet Medicare's minimum standard. The silver lining is that if she can qualify for another med sup during AEP, she will likely save enough in premium to more than cover the LEP.

Yep, well. Thought not. She must have received those letters and was afraid to change.

Another healthy froggie in a closed pot, heated by the burn of high premiums...those folks I love to save!

Thanks for your responses.

With the new TransAmerica Plan G she will save $156.00 per month, so I guess she can pay the LEP with out too much to complain about. She will have a great savings on her meds, too, with the new part D.

So, I can't enroll her now though? Have to wait til AEP?

Yep, well. Thought not. She must have received those letters and was afraid to change.

Another healthy froggie in a closed pot, heated by the burn of high premiums...those folks I love to save!

With the new TransAmerica Plan G she will save $156.00 per month, so I guess she can pay the LEP with out too much to complain about. She will have a great savings on her meds, too, with the new part D.

You can enroll her for supp just not drug cov

Who does she have the J with?

Back