If an FMO won't send you the Compensation Schedule.........

CALTCAgent

Guru
1000 Post Club
OK, not a big term life guy but if an FMO only gives you the compensation on certain 20-30 year term products, is that good enough for you ?

Do you get the compensation schedule or just take what they say the commission is for a particular product ?

I always like to have the schedule and to see what other products I may be contracting for and what compensation. Might include FE, GUL, etc, that I should know about, or is the term product enough to indicate what the other levels should be ?

I don't think I ever contracted without a comp. schedule, have I been doing things wrong ?

OK, not a big term life guy but if an FMO only gives you the compensation on certain 20-30 year term products, is that good enough for you ?

Do you get the compensation schedule or just take what they say the commission is for a particular product ?

I always like to have the schedule and to see what other products I may be contracting for and what compensation. Might include FE, GUL, etc, that I should know about, or is the term product enough to indicate what the other levels should be ?

I don't think I ever contracted without a comp. schedule, have I been doing things wrong ?

Get the schedule. It's yours. Many times you can get it from the company or download it from the company site.

Last edited:

Get the schedule. Just know that not all carriers have the same schedule across all products. You can have a top schedule with a few products and a terrible one with others (w/ some companies).

Some carriers let the IMO pick and choose schedules based on products. Make sure that you have the whole picture if you plan on writing ancillary products.

Last edited:
Good to know, I thought over the years I have seen various schedules where I might get a good comp. on one product and a haircut on another.

I just think there is a reason when someone won't show me the schedule. I would think FMO's have those readily available to send, maybe since it was a few carriers he was being lazy.

Good to know, I thought over the years I have seen various schedules where I might get a good comp. on one product and a haircut on another.

I just think there is a reason when someone won't show me the schedule. I would think FMO's have those readily available to send, maybe since it was a few carriers he was being lazy.

As Ray said they can be different levels per product. MoO for example looks like it is a fill in the dots type set up where the IMO picks this or that level. Renewals would be something to watch as well. When I am comparing I look at first year then five and ten year totals.

MoO for example looks like it is a fill in the dots type set up where the IMO picks this or that level. Renewals would be something to watch as well. When I am comparing I look at first year then five and ten year totals.

Interesting MoO was one of the companies.

100% commission on Term Express and 80% on GUL Express

Not sure if FE and any other products are in there. Or any renewals.

Back