If an FMO won't send you the Compensation Schedule.........

OK, not a big term life guy but if an FMO only gives you the compensation on certain 20-30 year term products, is that good enough for you ?

Do you get the compensation schedule or just take what they say the commission is for a particular product ?

I always like to have the schedule and to see what other products I may be contracting for and what compensation. Might include FE, GUL, etc, that I should know about, or is the term product enough to indicate what the other levels should be ?

I don't think I ever contracted without a comp. schedule, have I been doing things wrong ?
Too many IMOs and companies out there to fool with someone that won't send you a compa schedule up front.. Say good bye and move on..

Last edited:
How they handle commissions could be a sign of how they handle other items (appointments, cases, etc.). Larger organizations in general are more organized but exceptions apply.

Usually I find someone good to work with and that makes the difference IMO. Maybe you are right about the size. I have worked with organized smaller FMO's too though.

I think I should have asked for the open release up front and then if it looks like I am getting too many haircuts I can do something about it.

Last edited:
Back