If I Will Get (Electively) Surgically Castrated, Then Will My Insurance Cover My HRT?

Futurist

Expert
OK--if I will get (electively) surgically castrated (as I myself hope to do), then will my insurance cover my post-castration hormone replacement therapy (HRT)?

Also, Yes, this is certainly a completely serious question. :)

----------

Also, did I post this question in the correct section of this forum?

I have no idea. Honestly I don't.

But if I were to make an educated guess I would say that since this would be elective surgery then it would be a "No."

If there is some medical reason for it then possibly?

Help me out here senior forum guys...am I on the right path?

I have no idea. Honestly I don't.

But if I were to make an educated guess I would say that since this would be elective surgery then it would be a "No."

If there is some medical reason for it then possibly?

Help me out here senior forum guys...am I on the right path?
Isn't hormone replacement therapy (HRT) medically necessary for (literal) eunuchs, though?

----------

Also, did I ask this question in the correct section of this forum?

As Tampa stated, there is generally no coverage for elective procedures which includes any follow up or medication.

Isn't hormone replacement therapy (HRT) medically necessary for (literal) eunuchs, though?

HRT probably is necessary. Can't say. But since this is the result of an elective procedure don't expect HRT coverage by your health insurance.

Only one way to really know, call your insurance carrier and ask.
Or better, have your doctors office make the inquiry.

The answer is likely to be 'no', but hey, it doesn't hurt to ask up front.

Beyond that, everyone here is giving an opinion based on years of experience but not based on your specific plan and/or medical history. In answers like this, the devil is really in the details.

Just be prepared for the answer to be 'NO' and then you might be pleasantly surprised.

Dan

P.S. I'll defer to anyone who still sells health insurance. I don't anymore.

As Tampa stated, there is generally no coverage for elective procedures which includes any follow up or medication.

I am unsure if the (literal) eunuchs on the Eunuch Archive are going to agree with you in regards to this, though. Indeed, I would post a link to this for you, but I don't have 20 posts on here yet, so yeah. :(

HRT probably is necessary. Can't say. But since this is the result of an elective procedure don't expect HRT coverage by your health insurance.

Well, it's not like there are any other guaranteed ways for me to permanently sterilize myself. :( After all, vasectomies can and sometimes do fail. :(

----------

Only one way to really know, call your insurance carrier and ask.
Or better, have your doctors office make the inquiry.

The answer is likely to be 'no', but hey, it doesn't hurt to ask up front.

Beyond that, everyone here is giving an opinion based on years of experience but not based on your specific plan and/or medical history. In answers like this, the devil is really in the details.

Just be prepared for the answer to be 'NO' and then you might be pleasantly surprised.

Dan

P.S. I'll defer to anyone who still sells health insurance. I don't anymore.
Here is a question, though--isn't hormone replacement therapy more necessary than contraception is? If so, and if contraception is covered by one's insurance, then shouldn't hormone replacement therapy likewise be covered by one's insurance?

----------

Also, for what it's worth, I think that I (and my parents as well) currently have United Healthcare insurance.

I am unsure if the (literal) eunuchs on the Eunuch Archive are going to agree with you in regards to this, though. Indeed, I would post a link to this for you, but I don't have 20 posts on here yet, so yeah. :(

Well, it's not like there are any other guaranteed ways for me to permanently sterilize myself. :( After all, vasectomies can and sometimes do fail. :(

----------

Here is a question, though--isn't hormone replacement therapy more necessary than contraception is? If so, and if contraception is covered by one's insurance, then shouldn't hormone replacement therapy likewise be covered by one's insurance?

----------

Also, for what it's worth, I think that I (and my parents as well) currently have United Healthcare insurance.

Are the Eunuchs a health insurance company? If not it does not matter if they agree.

If I choose to cut off my arm should the insurance company pay for it then provide a high-tech prosthetic?

OK--if I will get (electively) surgically castrated (as I myself hope to do), then will my insurance cover my post-castration hormone replacement therapy (HRT)?

Also, Yes, this is certainly a completely serious question. :)

----------

Also, did I post this question in the correct section of this forum?

What happens to your nuts after they castrate them? Are you keeping them in a jar? Do you donate them? If donating you may want to contact Greensky on the forum. He is a real nut lover...

Are the Eunuchs a health insurance company? If not it does not matter if they agree.

No, but some of them do appear to have successfully gotten their health insurance to pay for their hormone replacement therapy (HRT) in spite of the fact that they voluntarily got surgically castrated.

If I choose to cut off my arm should the insurance company pay for it then provide a high-tech prosthetic?

Why exactly would you need a high-tech prosthetic, though?

----------

What happens to your nuts after they castrate them? Are you keeping them in a jar? Do you donate them? If donating you may want to contact Greensky on the forum. He is a real nut lover...
Honestly, I don't know what exactly happens to them afterwards. Also, who exactly is Greensky?

----------

There is actually a market, believe it or not. $35,000 each is the going rate. That said surely that would offset the medical costs.
Is Mark Parisi the rule or the exception to the rule in regards to this, though?

Back