If you are 65 or older you don't have to pay for Plan F

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Got a call from a lady, age 79, asking about the "no premium" Medigap plan F. A friend told her anyone in Georgia born before 1954 did not have to pay for plan F.

I suppose her friend might have misunderstood. Won't be the first time someone confused no premium MA with Medigap. But it is also possible some scoundrel is actually telling folks this.

I told her this was probably a marketing ploy to get people to call in.

Sad what some shameless agents will do to stir up business.

"Free" is better than a Lost Dollar. Wish I had a choice of free only

{channeling my inner Lost Dollar}

I had done some research on the concept of freedom in 1923 when I was selling vacuums door to door, an experience which has helped me with my own inner abilities to stay consistent in this environment.

I remember a thread on environments a few years ago. I will go through the forum and document the threads in a later post when I have
time.

Back to to OP's original topic. This is an interesting concept which we should probably research. It's possible that this is being funded by an outside source - I may have to check with the Kansas DOI about it.

When Yagents mentioned free choice, it made me think back to some of my experiences when I was in my early 20's. In 1923, I recall reading a biography regarding choosing to be free - this was, again, while I was selling vacuums door to door.

Oh. I'm not an agent. I'm a consumer.

But based on this call, and a few of the posts that I have read in the sub-forum for senior agents, I would recommend that this person should contact her state's DOI to see if there is a way for them to put a tracer on her phone. We called this "bugging" in the 50's. They can bug it, then she can wait for the next call about the no premium Plan F.

The next course of action when she is called is up for debate. We should discuss whether she should engage the caller with her correct information or if she should create an alternate personality.

I read the forum about alternate personalities a while back. I will do some research on that and post what I remember about that at a later time.

Back to the topic and the OP's primary concern. Even with a no premium Plan F, she really should consider an MSA.

I wonder what a no Premium Plan F plus a MSA plan would look like.

I may do just that. I am going to buy a no premium MSA, then add on a no premium Plan F.

I remember a thread a few years ago about the combinations of MSA plans and no premium Plan F. The concept behind this is you can use the deposit from the MSA plan to pay for things like dental benefits. A very good idea, unless you kept your dental from your employer - that's called COBRA dental.

{End parody post of Lost Dollar}

Last edited:
I love how your post is straight forward, filled with links with tons of info and doesn't go around in circles, round and round.

Very clear thought process, and licensed too. You left out stories about uncle Rick, and u only used your personal experiences to come to a conclusion. Because you realize everyone is just like you.

I am going to buy a no premium MSA, then add on a no premium Plan F.

Consider pairing it with $0 premium life insurance. Pretty sure there are threads on the forum about this but I don't have time to research right now.

(Channeling Scott who is channeling LD who is channeling Shirley Maclaine . . . )

Next I will attempt the Vulcan mind meld.

18j4s0mtopw0njpg.jpg

I had a guy that was super unhappy with his supplement because his friend lives 1 county over. It should be noted there's no MA available in his county. Anyway, his friend "pays $0 and has 100% coverage", so his supplement is a rip-off. I attempted to explain to him but he has wasn't having it. He assured me when that plan comes to his county he's changing. I wrote his app and haven't spoken to him since lol.

Back