If you are a final expense agent, are you underwriting the old way or the new way?

Jun 12, 2019

1. Ric Craig

Ric Craig Expert

State:
    Florida
    If you are a licensed Final Expense Agent, are you underwriting the old way or the new way?

2. David Taylor Jr

David Taylor Jr Super Genius

State:
    Kentucky
    I don't underwrite at all. The Underwriting Department at the Carrier does.

3. Ric Craig

Ric Craig Expert

State:
    Florida
    Fantastic......so you dont do any underwriting in front of the client to find out what they are eligible for?

4. David Taylor Jr

State:
    Kentucky
    Do you mean pre-screening or field-underwriting? Yes. I go by the underwriting guides for agents. Not sure what you are getting at.

5. Ric Craig

Ric Craig Expert

State:
    Florida
    so how many carriers do you write for?

6. billyb

billyb Guru

Some people just don't tell you everything they are prescribed. Nitro is a frequent example. They fill it, but don't take it so they don't disclose. When the script check is done you have an issue. You can't tell me that everyone you meet with tells you everything every time.

billyb, Jun 12, 2019
  7. David Taylor Jr

State:
    Kentucky
    There are definitely opportunity for surprises. But a lot can be curbed by the way you position your questions.

8. billyb

billyb Guru

I was responding to Ric. True but he is trying to sell his software and I personally don't think it is worth the money.

billyb, Jun 12, 2019
  9. David Taylor Jr

State:
    Kentucky
    Ah, hence the weird cryptic questions that an agent wouldn't ask.

10. Ric Craig

Ric Craig Expert

State:
    Florida
    Look its not for everyone. Its for the agents that are in the house with cheat sheets and chat rooms and calling uplines.... why do you think that nonsense goes on? Because they know underwriting? No, Managers in top IMO's have seen this and they get it. A few carriers are looking at it very very closely. IM AN AGENT... its tough enough to be an agent with prospecting and door knocking and phone calls... so make it tougher??? If agents want to keep using the abacus, fine... im using a calculator.... It get me in and out of the house much faster in those 3 out 6 houses where they start bringing all there meds out...... have found many cases where in the past i would just get flustered and go GI but with this software, I now can place them is something a bit better or with a carrier that takes that niche that i forgot about or didnt know about. Rotary phone or cell phone?? Good Luck and thanks for the feed back...