If You Could Go Back and Start Over...

If I could do it over...good question. I would probably think about a new HIRE early on so that I was not wasting time doing everything myself. At first, I wore so many hats that I was not really concentrating on the money making activities. I would also have a better system to fill my pipeline further out. It seem like it was feast or famine when starting out. Just my opinion.

I would NOT go independent out of the gate. I would start with a reputable mutual and LEARN everything I could about how to build this business, then once I had a really good foundation I'd cut the cord and hit it on my own.

Find a reputable, experienced producer and do as much joint work as possible. You'll end up splitting comp for awhile, but it'll be well worth it.

Passing on the main message of a highly successful agent who shared his formula: Earning each new client should be viewed as Step One in the process of building a relationship that will last a lifetime. Show appreciation. Seek satisfaction feedback. Find ways to serve over and above expectation. Talk about referrals as those you would be honored to serve at the same high level.

Back