If You Use Insureme...you Could Be Terminated!

CHUMPS FROM OXFORD

Guru
5000 Post Club
At least one captive company has placed InsureMe on their list of "unapproved vendors." Insureme does NOT scrub their leads for "do not call list" compliancy. Therefore, reps who use Insureme are "subject to termination."

I asked Insureme about this today and one of the managers said they were aware that they do not scrub their leads. She also indicated that she was not concerned and would encourage employees of those companies to continue to use Insureme.

At $11 bucks per lead (max filters), I think I will spend those dollars elsewhere. Maybe it is time to get a website like everyone else. Hometownquotes...here I come!

And by the way...I have purposely misspelled a word for your evening enjoyment!

Last edited:
I was not under the impression that online health insurance quote companies scrubbed their leads against the DNC list. I take it that those of you who use internet leads know if the leads are being scrubbed???????

Maybe I'm missing something. If someone gives you their phone number (such as entering it online), why does it need to be scrubbed? You are not cold calling. You are responding to a request for information.

Am I wrong or rite? (misspelled on purpose).

Rick

Maybe I'm missing something. If someone gives you their phone number (such as entering it online), why does it need to be scrubbed? You are not cold calling. You are responding to a request for information.

Am I wrong or rite? (misspelled on purpose).

Rick

Now on the idea of submitted leads via the Internet and scrubbing? You're 100% correct, no if they (the person submitting the lead) submit the lead then they have given permission. Now mispelled words being on purpose or not? Can't help you there!

The DNC rules do not come into play:

An EBR exists if you have made an inquiry, application, purchase, or transaction regarding products or services offered by the person or entity involved. Generally, you may put an end to that relationship by telling the person or entity not to place any more solicitation calls to your home. Additionally, the EBR is only in effect for 18 months after your last business transaction or three months after your last inquiry or application. After these time periods, calls placed to your home phone number(s) by that person or entity are considered telephone solicitations subject to the do-not-call rules.

That means if you voluntarily provide your number the gloves are off. On top of that, InsureMe clearly states in their TOS that their info is gonna get sent out to everyone under the sun: http://www.insureme.com/content/privacy-policy/

Application Data may be forwarded to insurance agents, discount program representatives, brokers and/or companies who may contact you with a quote by email, telephone, postal mail or other forms of communication. We are not responsible, and shall not be liable, if an agent, broker, discount program representative or company to whom we forward your Application Data violates our Privacy Policy or their own privacy policy, if any.

If a person fills out a request for you have 90 days to keep calling them (unless they tell you to stop). DNC does not apply in first 90 days, unless they tell you to quit calling them.

Most agents are calling past 90 days, which technically not permitted but seldom if ever enforced since the feds can't regulate insurance.

Call up to 90 days and it is a dead issue.

"3) A person does not violate division (B) of this section if the person transmits or causes to be transmitted to the recipient an electronic mail advertisement when any of the following apply:
(a) The person has a pre-existing business or personal relationship with the recipient.
(b) The recipient has consented or has agreed as a condition of service to receive the electronic mail advertisement.
(c) The recipient receives the electronic mail advertisement because another recipient forwarded the advertisement to that recipient via an internet web site or another recipient made a direct referral of that recipient to receive the advertisement."

Actually, I'm still not sure. That wa a lot of reading.

Back