If You're a Cop You Have to Tell Me, Are You a Cop?

100% of my Medicare business is referral from Investment Advisors, CPA's and Elder Care Attorneys. All of them know to have the person(s) contact me via letter or email, stating who they've spoken to, and that they want to talk with me about their Medicare options. ..."and, oh, by the way, here are the doctors I see and the medications I take..."

I then send them a SOA, get it filled out, then call for an appointment.

I do not accept phone calls from someone who wants to work with me. It MUST be either an email or letter, referring to the individual who they talked to.

On CMS's smartest day, they are not as smart as I am on my dumbest day

People must know me, like me, and trust me, before they work with me. This is one way that I ensure a Medicare Beneficiary wants to work with me. It only works for me. I don't expect it to work for the rest of you.

Not trying to pile on you Bob, but didn't you used to sit in the Food Court at the mall with a sign saying to ask you about Medicare?

Not trying to pile on you Bob, but didn't you used to sit in the Food Court at the mall with a sign saying to ask you about Medicare?

In all fairness, he could have slowly changed his business model. I know mine evolved over time. And the whole mall thing is kind of creative. Not something I'd want to do, but it can certainly be part of building a brand.

My only issue with his earlier statement is about him being smarter than CMS on his dumbest day. I'm certainly not defending CMS because I think their rules are asinine. But he set that one up on a tee for me given some of his prior statements on this forum.

I'm guessing I probably made some dumb statements in my early years of getting involved on the Medicare side. And even today we can't get straight answers on some things. Try asking someone at a carrier if a scope is required if you aren't meeting with the client face to face. Just mailing them the enrollment kit. One says yes, another says no. So I can see where someone could make a statement on here that doesn't line up. But not about something like cataract surgery.

You can't honestly believe that he has those types of professionals having their clients send an insurance agent letters stating everything he wants before he's willing to do business with him.

Maybe we just hang out with different types of CPAs attorneys in financial planners the ones I hang out with drive Jaguars, range Rover's and Porsches. They would laugh at me if I told them that is what I required before I would help one of their clients with a Medicare supplement.

You can't honestly believe that he has those types of professionals having their clients send an insurance agent letters stating everything he wants before he's willing to do business with him.

Maybe we just hang out with different types of CPAs attorneys in financial planners the ones I hang out with drive Jaguars, range Rover's and Porsches. They would laugh at me if I told them that is what I required before I would help one of their clients with a Medicare supplement.

true, but dealing with Medicare Advantage, I ask referral sources to have their clients call me so I don't run into having to defend myself with CMS.

true, but dealing with Medicare Advantage, I ask referral sources to have their clients call me so I don't run into having to defend myself with CMS.

That makes complete sense but that is not exactly what he was saying or what I'm questioning, and to be honest the percentage of Medicare advantage clients that have a CPA, attorney or a financial advisor is pretty slim and to say 100% of your business comes from a letter or an email blah blah blah.

Yep. Sure did. Turned into zero clients.

Thanks for asking.

You're always there to brighten my day.

----------

We do.

Again, you are correct. Damn you're good.

Dude cmon, we are just calling you on your comments. I get you changed direction, we all test the waters.

I already admitted you were right and I was wrong. What more do you want.

I did get a clarification on what I typed, but am not going to post it here. It is on the internet, and I will live with it forever. Try and find something I posted that was actually helpful. You can't because that does not make you seem helpful.

I will keep on posting, and you will keep on ragging on me. That's fine.

I don't know you, but evidently you know me. We have already realized you are the smarter, better, professional. From here on out, I will send you my posts, and replies for fact checking.

Two words I know you've never uttered, "I'm wrong". Alright, three words, one contraction. Actually, the person who found out what I did wrong, is not an insurance agent, but a fellow Toastmaster.

What I typed was, and is, wrong. There is a way I can correct it, but that won't change people like you, so why put forth the effort. I showed him the thread, explained to him what I meant, and he agreed with you. I was wrong in what I typed, even when I tried to explain myself.

For that, I thank you.

I learned that people who hate still have things to teach. That is why there is someone like you on this forum. Hitler was a hated man, but a military genius. He, like you, exposed his enemy, over and over again. He didn't caudle them. He made them stretch and win at HIS game.

Like him, you are a genius, who has exposed me. For that, I was forced to go out of this community to get help. Which I did. Now I know what I should have typed, but didn't.

Regardless of what I post this day forward, you have that thread to use against me. That is my fault. That's life.

We do run in different circle. I work with middle class individuals, and those that service those people. For that I am proud.

I don't have the time, desire, or talent to find threads to expose people the way you do. It's just not on my radar. Too many other things in my life to take up space in my brain.

But, like I tell my kids, once it's on the internet, it's there forever.

Back