If You're Going to Make Videos...

padthaiforlunch

Guru
1000 Post Club
I find this video instructional on what not to do.

-Don't pause because you forgot the next word in your script.

-Don't pause in the middle of a sentence.

-Don't turn the camera on and off by yourself. If you must, then edit it out.

-Don't glance off camera. Keep you eyes focused on the lens.

-Be aware of your background. While you don't want viewers to be distracted by too much, you don't want it to look like you're standing in an empty room. Avoid having a doorway/hallway in the background.

And practice, practice practice BEFORE you start filming. Memorize your script so you sound conversational.

QYo73QnXxZw

Last edited by a moderator:
thats why I get Donnie to do it for me......

Last edited by a moderator:
I find this video instructional on what not to do.

-Don't pause because you forgot the next word in your script.

-Don't pause in the middle of a sentence.

-Don't turn the camera on and off by yourself. If you must, then edit it out.

-Don't glance off camera. Keep you eyes focused on the lens.

-Be aware of your background. While you don't want viewers to be distracted by too much, you don't want it to look like you're standing in an empty room. Avoid having a doorway/hallway in the background.

And practice, practice practice BEFORE you start filming. Memorize your script so you sound conversational.

QYo73QnXxZw
Retirement Planning Using A Money Map - http://AskBeauHenderson.com - YouTube

As a professional speaker and Toastmaster's trained as well as stand up comic and some acting, I think Beau did well since he is only an agent and a regular person, someone I can call and have him come to my home and help me. I can't buy insurance from the other two and prospects won't know me by watching them. I would make a video sitting at my desk with notes to keep me on track. Does anyone think the pros didn't have teleprompters? For being a regular guy, maybe making his first video, he did very well and with a little coaching such as your critiques, he will improve greatly. I give him credit for even doing it at all and he got his point across. Remember, no one paid him big money to make it.

Back