IFP in USA Today

Imagine that another left wing article!!!

How dare they decline someone with risk!

What is left out of this article?

-GI IS A COMPLETE FAILURE!!! Costs are very high a couple in NJ on a $1000 deductible is almost $4000 per month with BCBS NJ

-State risk pool IS the solution but this is not politically correct.

-Obama would REQUIRE GI in all states!!! Making ALL individual plans unaffordable. why? Simple he wants government run health care and this is one way to get to that goal faster.

-McCains plan is scary as well - to allow the purchase of individual insurance across state lines - HUGE FAILURE, but not on the scale of Obamas plan.

Just another case of uneducated public, uneducated politicians.

GI is the biggest failure in the industry and is laughable. People need to be careful what they ask for "CHANGE" is not always better.

Now that being said the industry needs to clean up their act big time - standardize plans A through Z, fix the maternity crisis, come to agreement on waivers vs. rate ups, come to agreement on COCC as it applies to previous individual coverage and pre ex.

The industry has also pushed the envelope too far lets be fair.

Paul, thx for the link.

Wonder if Joe (TX) has an opinion on this? I can't figure out why he, or Rick (Greensky) for that matter, have not expressed their opinion.

Many agents are fooled into think the carrier is on their side. Carriers want Universal Healthcare (not government health care, but universal) this equals a much larger based an more money.

The best thing a carrier can hope for is everyone has to be covered, it is private, it is sold direct and without agents getting a cut.

The perfect model.

The article if full of holes.

Why did it take the parents 2 yrs to get a diagnosis?

Why did only 2 carriers reject the boy? Did they go to 2 carriers and stop?

Once they got a diagnosis, and there was nothing wrong, why not submit a new application rather than appealing the denial?

Are the parents idiots?

The best thing a carrier can hope for is everyone has to be covered, it is private, it is sold direct and without agents getting a cut.

The perfect model.

This is basically the Dutch model which is getting some serious review, especially by the academics.

I have begun a slight diversification - just in case.

"Dig the well before you're thirsty."

Why did it take the parents 2 yrs to get a diagnosis?

They were real busy shopping at the mall.

Why did only 2 carriers reject the boy? Did they go to 2 carriers and stop?

Do you know how hard it is to apply? It takes at least 10 minutes each.

Once they got a diagnosis, and there was nothing wrong, why not submit a new application rather than appealing the denial?

There was something wrong that is why.

Are the parents idiots?

Do I need to go there? Does their state not have a risk pool?

GI is the biggest failure in the industry and is laughable.

How come it works fine in every other modern Western nation?

We're going to have universal coverage in the USA in your lifetime. Anyone who believes otherwise is in total denial.

It's going to happen. Get over it.

Learn to sell some other line. Health agents will be the buggy-whip makers of the insurance industry.

The Jackass

That is not true at all, it does not work well in most modern Western nations. In any case, none of them have the cost of care that we have.

It is an inescapable fact that actual care costs far more in the states than it does anywhere else. Partly because of high doctors salaries, partly because of the lack of tort reform and partly because of capitalism. Until you figure out how to drive down those costs, there are no solutions without a HUGE tax increase and when push comes to shove, people will not be able to swallow that.
Sam, Sam, Sam. When are you going to realize that capitalism is the root of all evil?

As far as huge tax increase, that's nonsense. We have an unlimited supply of money and if my health insurance was free, I wouldn't mind paying 30-40-50% more on my taxes.

The average primary physician nets about $125,000 per year. No one needs to earn more than $90,000 even if there is about $300,000 in student loans to pay. Let them work for the government in the health care clinics. That's where I want my son to go for his care. And don't get me started with all the money that is wasted in hospitals. MRI, CAT Scans, Transplants - all unnecessary expenses.

We need to allow US citizens go to Canada (or Cuba) for quality healthcare. Why should we have a monopoly on good medicine?

Damn it Sam. You are one selfish individual.

Rick

The US has an indemnity based health care system. The patient is treated, then billed at the going rate (whatever that is).

Everywhere else the providers are paid a salary regardless of how much, or little work is performed. Costs are controlled on the front end via wages and rationed services.

While our costs are higher, they are around 16% or so of GNP compared to 11% in other developed countries.

So the question is, what do we get and they give up for a 5% savings?

Back