IFP in USA Today

You will find that supplemental is sold in many countries with universal care.

Why would you have to supplement the perfect system that "pays everything for free"?

So you have high taxes for government health care that is substandard and still needs to be supplemented?

Sounds like our Medicare system , what a deal!

My thoughts:

1. How come South Africa has private health insurance?

2. When do presidents actually carry out what they promise?

3. Check this out, my fiance's brother in law, is French Canadian and he says as a kid, the health care was great, colds and accidents etc., but as an adult, when you need the more major stuff, you have to wait and it's not as good as people in the USA thinks.

And you must have seen this link:

Last edited by a moderator:
My thoughts:

1. How come South Africa has private health insurance?

2. When do presidents actually carry out what they promise?

1. Because it is a broke corrupt government

2. Never, however I think Obama will carry out his promise to raise taxes.

1. Because it is a broke corrupt government

2. Never, however I think Obama will carry out his promise to raise taxes.

Yes, government as a corrupt business works well here in the good ole US of A, it might as well work in S Africa too.

I appreciate your serious humor, Joe!!

;)

Don't believe everything your read.

Seems there is much more to the story, as my co-blogger Hank discovered . . .

InsureBlog: Disturbing News: Update

Interesting, they run the media story on the July16th, and then Aetna reps deny the accusations as falsehoods.

"Because I spent a great deal of time on the phone late yesterday afternoon, working my way through Aetna corporate communications in order to give our readers a more precise understanding of the issues."

But conveniently, they have this follow up on the blog:

UPDATE (7/18/08): Just received this email from my contact at Aetna:
"While I cannot share details, I thought you would want to know we have resolved this matter together with the hospital. We advised the member yesterday."
Good news!

I'm sure Caitlin is glad that story went out, even though Aetna wasn't at fault.

Here's a nice update:

Tampa, Florida – After hearing the story of 19-year-old Caitlin White, people couldn't stop talking about the Lakeland teenager who needed brain surgery, but was denied by her insurance carrier, Aetna.
They were talking so much that Governor Charlie Crist's office heard about it, after the story aired on Tampa Bay's 10 News.
After a week-long investigation by reporter Melanie Brooks, the insurance company, along with Tampa General Hospital, made the decision to cover 100 percent of the surgery.

Full story:

Tampabays10.com | Tampa, St. Petersburg, Clearwater | Governor Crist hears Tampa Bay's 10 story, and takes action!

Back