IL Health Agents...the Party is Over!

FRJ

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
IL
Well, just saw that BCBSIL is ceasing commissions for new policies w/ effective dates of 4/1 or later. So that means that every carrier on the marketplace has stopped paying for new policies or isn't even selling anymore. Oh wait, does IlliniCare count? They appear and then don't appear, I have no idea what their story is but have never sold them.

I sell in TN and GA....nothing to sell On Exchange in TN, but a fairly solid small company for NGA that pays 4%. Unless I missed their Email saying they didn't pay commission.

Well, just saw that BCBSIL is ceasing commissions for new policies w/ effective dates of 4/1 or later. So that means that every carrier on the marketplace has stopped paying for new policies or isn't even selling anymore. Oh wait, does IlliniCare count? They appear and then don't appear, I have no idea what their story is but have never sold them.

The Blue Cross reps at HQ knew this was coming down from HCSC 2 weeks ago, but were sworn to secrecy. They only let a few people know...who told a few more.. by the end of last week, almost every agent had heard it as a rumor, but knew it was true.

The sad part is what is most likely going to happen in 2017 to all the policies written in 2014 through 2016. They probably go to zero commissions. DOLLARS trumps all loyalty when it comes to corporations vs employees, agents, charities, etc..

The Blue Cross reps at HQ knew this was coming down from HCSC 2 weeks ago, but were sworn to secrecy. They only let a few people know...who told a few more.. by the end of last week, almost every agent had heard it as a rumor, but knew it was true.

The sad part is what is most likely going to happen in 2017 to all the policies written in 2014 through 2016. They probably go to zero commissions. DOLLARS trumps all loyalty when it comes to corporations vs employees, agents, charities, etc..

I'm already picturing that I'll have to sign up to accept credit cards and charge a small fee for all my clients that will probably need to change plans during the next open enrollment.

I don't see that happening as far as the renewals but I do see them drop the commissions were it's not worth my time.

Got same email for TX. I figure they will change all plan numbers for next year thus effectively eliminating commissions on renewals since all clients would be moved to new plans. Knew this windfall wouldn't last long but definitely came quicker than I thought. Thanking the Lord for not neglecting my other business line for the bigger, easier $.

What if Trump wins the election and ACA gets booted?

Would we be back in 2014?

I think its time to move on to other lines (Sm Grp etc.) or something else entirely if you're like me, 90% IMM

What if Trump wins the election and ACA gets booted?

Would we be back in 2014?

I think its time to move on to other lines (Sm Grp etc.) or something else entirely if you're like me, 90% IMM

My guess is to get things back to pre-ACA would take many years to implement. Remember this all started back in March 2010 for 1st yr ACA sales in 2014. 2017, no changes with -0- comish. 2018???

Even if it does work out and things go back to pre-ACA, which companies will be around to sell?? We went from 20% comish to 6%... don't think we'll see a big payout in IMM again.

Agree at 90%, if you're not ramped up for commissions outside of IMM for 2017, you'll more than likely be out of business.:1mad:

My guess is to get things back to pre-ACA would take many years to implement. Remember this all started back in March 2010 for 1st yr ACA sales in 2014. 2017, no changes with -0- comish. 2018???

Even if it does work out and things go back to pre-ACA, which companies will be around to sell?? We went from 20% comish to 6%... don't think we'll see a big payout in IMM again.

Agree at 90%, if you're not ramped up for commissions outside of IMM for 2017, you'll more than likely be out of business.:1mad:
--
If IMM does come back (unlikely), we can always jump back in. There will be some trails from renewals next yr - and maybe some $ to be made on '17 OE - but I'm looking at that as gravy on top of whatever I come up with in the meantime.

Back