Illinois Health Insurance Information for 2017

February 25, 2016

The Illinois Department of Insurance has published its rules and timelines for Health Insurers to notify the state of their intent to participate, or not participate, in the 2017 Illinois Marketplace. Here's a link to the IDOI notification letter..

Letter to Issuers: http://insurance2.illinois.gov/cb/2016/CB2016-01.pdf

When the public and agents should know who the next season players will be? Do you know something about it?

The thing that really sucks they usually don't release until a couple of days before open enrollment. So you have to take the certification even though you don't know if it will be worth it.

and companies who really don't want Obamacare business for 2017 will wait as long as possible before publishing their commission rates. We may not know if we're going to get paid until October 31st.

and companies who really don't want Obamacare business for 2017 will wait as long as possible before publishing their commission rates. We may not know if we're going to get paid until October 31st.

What a show will be if no surprises there?! I still believe this law will stay for long, as long, as a centralized system is created. As many of you commented that it should be as Medicare. Will be living, will be seeing!

I doubt Durbin is going to get BSBSIL to reduce premiums. At least in Cook County, he'd have better luck by using an indirect approach to achieving lower across-the-board average net premiums. Specifically, push for cheap, and thus subsidy-deflating, Celtic Ambetter to be thrown off the exchange as unqualified -- which it *is*, due to its beyond-barebones local "network."

I doubt Durbin is going to get BSBSIL to reduce premiums. At least in Cook County, he'd have better luck by using an indirect approach to achieving lower across-the-board average net premiums. Specifically, push for cheap, and thus subsidy-deflating, Celtic Ambetter to be thrown off the exchange as unqualified -- which it *is*, due to its beyond-barebones local "network."

You've got that right Rick441! It still amazes me when I run a quote outside of Chicago/Cook county, and see how much higher the subsidies are.

Don't know how Celtic Ambetter is able to get away with so blatantly violating the network adequacy rules defined in ACA/ObamaCare. Even today, there are only 5 Chicago hospitals in the Ambetter network (ref: https://providersearch.ambetterhealth.com/quick-search ) out of a possible 215!

I just ran a 2016 on-exchange SEP quote for a Kane County resident.

Do you all realize that for 2017, DuPage, Kane, Will, Lake counties of greater Chicagoland will have only ONE health insurance provider? That's Blue Cross. Aetna, Coventry, United Healthcare, and Land of Lincoln will be gone!

Holy smokes! Obamacare really screwed things up didn't it.

Back