Illinois Mutual... Who selling it?

AgentPipeline

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
We've recently started working with Illinois Mutual and I'd like to get some feedback from agents that are already selling it. Is everything as good as it looks or are there some hidden problems?

Any feedback on commission, rates and underwriting would be helpful.

Thanks!

I am in the process of having my second policy go through underwriting with them, though I have dealt with their underwriting department and their life an disability insurance support staff as well. I'm very new to the business, and have only had dealings with a few companies, so take my feedback for what it's worth.

This is the first company that did not require long waits on hold when dealing with anyone in the company. They answer all e-mails and return your phone calls promptly. So far, underwriting is very quick. Commissions are paid on the first and 16th of the month upon policy approval. They pay renewal commissions on term policies as well. They do not provide leads nor do they advance commissions.

Regarding Term Rates:
They are not the cheapest place around (but they're not the most expensive, either), so internet sales have been difficult for the best customers, but male smoking rates are very competitive.
They do accept some impaired risk, and their rates are competitive in that area.

I got involved with them because they offer several good whole life products. In fact, their Whole life is VERY competitive now.

Overall, I like them, but I wish they did advances, since I'm still a newbie.

Hope this helps.

I have been licensed with them for quite a while. I ONLY use them for disability cases that the major carriers won't quote competitively (such as truckers, homemakers etc...)

Chumps,

Who should I look at for disability for myself and my wife? I'm an insurance agent and she's a CPA. Both in good health (standard not prefered)

I just recieved a mailing from the NAIFA which has it through AIG but it's an increasing premium plan. I think I would rather have a level premium to age 65.

I like there voluntary short term product for the small blue collar groups I write. No underwriting, but there is a 12 month pre-existing condition exclusion. Easy to write and understand.

Latest posts

Back