I'm A Newly Licensed Agent

Hey Everyone,

I just got my life insurance license and my health and accident license about a month ago. I currently work for AIL and they generally have me driving around a lot. Which I honestly don't mind. I just want to know if it is best that I go independent or stick with them? If I do go independent what do I need to start? I did read some of the bigger threads on here but I want to know if anyone can kinda break it down for me. I know i'm asking for a lot but it would be greatly appreciated.

This is a very curt answer:

If you can't be bothered to read, study, and digest those long threads... don't bother being in the business. Quit now.

Your post asked for others to do your homework for you. That's just being lazy.

Read the stickies.

Use the search function.

Copy and paste certain parts to a word document and highlight different things. Whatever it takes.

Then ask intelligent questions on a specific area.

Here's the search function to get you started. I'd start by searching for AIL and go from there.

Insurance Forum - Search Forums

Do NOT expect people to "spoon feed" you.

Life insurance IMHO is tough... I stay on the P and C side because it is a numbers game, and selling more auto, home and commercial insurance is the market I wanted to be in.

You need to decide what you want though... go talk to other agents. Lots of captive agents will talk to you.

Hey Everyone,

I just got my life insurance license and my health and accident license about a month ago. I currently work for AIL and they generally have me driving around a lot. Which I honestly don't mind. I just want to know if it is best that I go independent or stick with them? If I do go independent what do I need to start? I did read some of the bigger threads on here but I want to know if anyone can kinda break it down for me. I know i'm asking for a lot but it would be greatly appreciated.

Becoming an independent takes training and time. You can do a lot better than AIL, IMHO. I started as out captive and when I make my independent move, it changed my life.

If you decide to go independent, you will need to be willing to work hard and long hours to be successful.

If you have a strong work ethic, you will make it, if you don't have a strong work ethic, you will struggle only to fail!

Find a Niche Market, master it, then you can think about adding products!

Dylan, you will find many primadonas on here. To get the best,truthful, no bs help, try off this forum. Many many axxholes

----------

See what I mean? LOL

Can u say krunt

I mean this in all sincerity: the insurance industry is a tough way to go. I've been in insurance since 1986 and I've been through one of everything. So who's the axxhole, smallie biggies?

There's a lot of good information on the forum: use your search engine for specifics and you will learn a lot. You'll learn who is real and will give you good information. I read more than I post just to learn from those knowledgeable.

Back