i'm an annuity noob

sbg_ben

Super Genius
Hello,

I have a guy who I thought may be a good fit for an annuity let me know what you guys think.

He got out of the stock market for whatever reason a while back and he has $150,000 just sitting in a checking account gaining practically 0 interest.

I am sure he wants to retain some of it to keep it liquid but is there anything he could put around $100,000 into and get a decent rate of return? he mentioned something like 3 or 4%. He does not seem very risk tolerant and would want a guaranteed rate I would imagine.

He doesn't have anybody that he is passing his assets on to after he passes away which is kind of unique.

What would you recommend based on that info? He is about 66 if that factors in at all.

Hello,

I have a guy who I thought may be a good fit for an annuity let me know what you guys think.

He got out of the stock market for whatever reason a while back and he has $150,000 just sitting in a checking account gaining practically 0 interest.

I am sure he wants to retain some of it to keep it liquid but is there anything he could put around $100,000 into and get a decent rate of return? he mentioned something like 3 or 4%. He does not seem very risk tolerant and would want a guaranteed rate I would imagine.

He doesn't have anybody that he is passing his assets on to after he passes away which is kind of unique.

What would you recommend based on that info? He is about 66 if that factors in at all.

There are going to be other factors involved, but from the way you describe, he will probably want to look at a MYGA. Although, I'm betting there would be a better plan for him. I'll reach out to Robert Hall and he can chime in here.

Todd
You are right there are other factors that need to be determined. There are many options that could be a perfect fit for this client. I would be happy to do a call to discuss it either with you or the agent that asked the question.

I ended up speaking with the financial advisor who rents an office from us and he recommended we talk to the guy about a Jackson indexed annuity where you eat 50% of the upside of the s&p or something like that. Honestly I’m way too tired from Medicare to do this stuff myself right now. I’ve been working 12+ hours a day for weeks. Im passing this on off to the financial guy and I’m just going to shadow him on the appointment to see if i can learn a bit more. Thanks for all the advice guys.

Back