I'm asking again about commissions

honestagent

Guru
100+ Post Club
Greetings kind people,

I need your very very HONEST feedback again.

PLEASE.

The decision I am presently contemplating will either make or break me.

I am asking what MA companies are paying on time????

I am running on a deficit momentarily. Look, bottom line is this: I know I'm going to go out there and right a ton of business. I KNOW I CAN. I live hours from the territory (and I have A LOT OF LEADS, REFERRALS, ETC.ETC. in that territory, which is why I go there.) However, that costs money to go and meanwhile, I have bills to pay, like we all do. And I CANNOT afford to wait X # of months to be paid. I'm barely surviving right now since I have not seen steady liquid come in from the AEP.

I was told we would be paid by Dec. / Jan. It's almost flippin MARCH!!!!! :shock:

So, kind people, I implore you to please share what MA companies are paying promptly (meaning... within the following month or okay, I'll go two months at best) but certainly not over 3 months to be paid ( and not knowing which month we or I will be paid) !!!!!!

I DON'T WORK FOR FREE! NONE OF US DO - OR WE SHOULD NOT FEEL LIKE WE DO!

My last thought is on Pacificare / Secure Horizons. One poster was kind enough to share his/her experience on pay. Can anybody else please ellaborate? I do not want to assume that because one agent is getting paid on time that all agents are getting paid on time.

Your feedback will HELP ME choose most prudently how to orchestrate my time most efficiently and plan my finances accordingly. I am very uncertain which method to choose how to run these appointments - if I even continue, sadly I am saying. I am sadly saying because I cannot afford, again, to wait endless months to be paid on these cases. I just can't.

So if you know, I am asking that you please share what you've personally experienced or personally know other fellow / friend agents' experiences.

Again I thank thank thank you in advance.

Honest

The majority of my MA business has been with Today's Options (Pyramid Life) and Coventry (Advantra Freedom). They are Johnny on the spot when it comes to paying commissions. Usually it's within the next week after it is submitted. SecureHorizons just isn't competitive in my area this year so I haven't written anything with them. I have written some with Universal Healthcare (Any, Any, Any) and Care Improvement. I have yet to be paid from either carrier.

With that said, I don't believe you should write a product because it pays commissions quickly. I believe you do what's right by the client. I have no idea how competitive Today's Options and Advantra Freedom are in your area. But if they are competitive, that's who I'd write.

I just checked my bank account online and see that I was paid for two cases I wrote with Today's Options on 02/12/07. The money was deposited on 02/16/07. I enrolled the cases online and completed the verification call right after I did the enrollment. So it took 5 days to get paid (counting the day of enrollment). Not bad if you ask me.

paid by care improvement

I have recieved my checks for care improvement plus yesterday for my 12/1 business. Working with wellcare payment also seems to be slow, but steady? I have been paid on 8 enrollments from dec. I wouldn't call this fast at all. But I was new and had no idea what to expect. I had no idea what to expect and now we are paying down credit cards finally.

Wow, over 40 views and 2 replies?!?!?

:?

Here's a very special thank you for the two people who took the time to share about their commission experiences.

I thank you very much.

Honest.

You cannot expect each person who reads a post to reply. I am sure that there are many out there that are just looking, and have no experience on the subject. I would not expect them to post. I am sure we have looked at posts and not replied. Could you imagine the clutter that would cause if each person did post a reply?!?

What does Wellpoint pay on? Is it the 2nd month after the effective date or on submission? Do you have a contact at Wellpoint for payment / agent support?

midwestbroker said:
You cannot expect each person who reads a post to reply. I am sure that there are many out there that are just looking, and have no experience on the subject. I would not expect them to post. I am sure we have looked at posts and not replied. Could you imagine the clutter that would cause if each person did post a reply?!?

You have raised some very valid points. I agree. Thanks.

I have heard of several agents having problems being paid on MA's so, you are not alone.

I have been especially interested since I want to specialize in the senior market.

Apparently it is a product specific problem. New companies understaffed and CMS dropping the ball as well.

Hope that helps. It is definitely not just you!

Linda

One thing to check Honest is to make sure that the members who you have enrolled actually got coverage. If they made too many elections this year, then the last plan they applied for will be void.

I had a case where someone made an election in January to a different plan. I took an app on them this month and it was rejected due to the fact they can only make 1 change in OEP.

Thanks a lot Midwest and Linda,

Yes. I have called. "It's being processed and we're cutting checks each week." This is the infamous phrase I keep hearing.

Apparently, my name is not on the roster nor has been for some time.

I'm just laughing right now. It's all I can do, momentarily.

Thanks for the helpful suggestions.

Back