I'm Being Investigated......

Russ

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
the annual way....by UHC....another annual background investigation....

"RE: Notice of Annual Background Investigation

Dear Insurance Agent:
UnitedHealthcare, on behalf of itself and its affiliates (collectively referred to as the "Company"), is committed to compliance. As part of the Company's compliance efforts, we conduct an annual background review of agent's who are authorized to sell products within the UnitedHealthcare Medicare Solutions portfolio. This review consists of the Company obtaining an investigative consumer report and/or consumer report, which contains information regarding an agent's license, credit, and criminal history. We also include a check for any regulatory actions from financial administrations like FINRA (Financial Industry Regulatory Authority) and hundreds of other similar sanctioned repositories. This annual review is required of agents in order to remain appointed with the Company.

This communication serves as notice that the Company will be conducting your annual background review in thirty (30) days. In the event that you do not want the Company to conduct an annual background review, you must notify the Company that you are terminating your Agreement and/or appointment within thirty (30) days following the date of this communication, in which case your Agreement and/or appointment shall be immediately terminated, not for cause. Notwithstanding such termination, the Company will conduct your annual background review.

Should you wish to terminate your agreement and/or appointment, please submit your request via email to [email protected] or fax to (888) 205-7375.

We recognize and appreciate your efforts in supporting UnitedHealthcare's high compliance standards, and thank you for your continued loyalty and support. If you have any questions regarding this notice please contact the Producer Help Desk (PHD) via email at [email protected].

Sincerely,
Agent On-Boarding
UnitedHealthcare Medicare Solutions"......

I don't have any criminal record and my credit is better than it was a year ago.:skeptical:

the annual way....by UHC....another annual background investigation....

"RE: Notice of Annual Background Investigation

Dear Insurance Agent:
UnitedHealthcare, on behalf of itself and its affiliates (collectively referred to as the "Company"), is committed to compliance. As part of the Company's compliance efforts, we conduct an annual background review of agent's who are authorized to sell products within the UnitedHealthcare Medicare Solutions portfolio. This review consists of the Company obtaining an investigative consumer report and/or consumer report, which contains information regarding an agent's license, credit, and criminal history. We also include a check for any regulatory actions from financial administrations like FINRA (Financial Industry Regulatory Authority) and hundreds of other similar sanctioned repositories. This annual review is required of agents in order to remain appointed with the Company.

This communication serves as notice that the Company will be conducting your annual background review in thirty (30) days. In the event that you do not want the Company to conduct an annual background review, you must notify the Company that you are terminating your Agreement and/or appointment within thirty (30) days following the date of this communication, in which case your Agreement and/or appointment shall be immediately terminated, not for cause. Notwithstanding such termination, the Company will conduct your annual background review.
Should you wish to terminate your agreement and/or appointment, please submit your request via email to [email protected] or fax to (888) 205-7375.

We recognize and appreciate your efforts in supporting UnitedHealthcare's high compliance standards, and thank you for your continued loyalty and support. If you have any questions regarding this notice please contact the Producer Help Desk (PHD) via email at [email protected].

Sincerely,
Agent On-Boarding
UnitedHealthcare Medicare Solutions"......

I don't have any criminal record and my credit is better than it was a year ago.:skeptical:

If it will make you feel any better, I got one today, too. I take it that UHC has implemented this for every contracted agent.

I went through this last year and passed. Good luck passing it!:yes:

I passed an NSA check to get a top-secret clearance, but that was quite a while ago. Nothing will top that.

Credit check? I should be running a credit check on them, I suppose, but what good will it do?

In the event that you do not want the Company to conduct an annual background review, you must notify the Company that you are terminating your Agreement and/or appointment within thirty (30) days following the date of this communication, in which case your Agreement and/or appointment shall be immediately terminated, not for cause.

Let me guess, if you are terminated "for cause" then you forfeit all your renewals?

I received that letter last year, I'm sure I'll get one this year as well. They really should reword the letter. I don't know of another insurance company that sends out that kind of a letter to their agents.

In the event that you do not want the Company to conduct an annual background review, you must notify the Company that you are terminating your Agreement and/or appointment within thirty (30) days following the date of this communication, in which case your Agreement and/or appointment shall be immediately terminated, not for cause.

Let me guess, if you are terminated "for cause" then you forfeit all your renewals?

That would be the legal battle of the century. You have 50K of annual renewals and everything is fine except your credit score went down. They remove your appointment and keep the 50K.

But you are correct. You cannot receive renewals without an appointment. Unfortunately, you probably wouldn't have a case. Your appointment is at the will of the carrier.

Back