I'm Being Investigated......

I received that letter last year, I'm sure I'll get one this year as well. They really should reword the letter. I don't know of another insurance company that sends out that kind of a letter to their agents.

I agree. I wonder if other companies....like MoO...and Humana, check up on their agents each year? If so, aren't they required to let you know? I wonder if a DUI conviction or drug possession conviction or assault conviction would knock someone out with UHC?

Last edited:
I believe they have to let you know. When you get contracted you give them permission to pull your credit. That permission isn't forever, but a one-time access to your credit reports.

Years down the road, if they want to pull credit again they'd need your permission.

I believe they have to let you know. When you get contracted you give them permission to pull your credit. That permission isn't forever, but a one-time access to your credit reports.

Years down the road, if they want to pull credit again they'd need your permission.

Seems this go round they aren't asking permission to run the report, they are just letting you know so you can request it NOT be run. That really isn't the same thing is it??
\:goofy:/

Kinda. Possibly by law they have to let you know they're pulling it again and allow you to opt out. Almost like the health carriers sending out addendums to the commission schedules. Nothing to sign and return, but gives the agent a chance to remove their appointment if they don't agree.

Got a letter today saying my agency agreement is terminated effective June 3.

I am still appointed as an agent, but my agency (where my commissions are paid) is terminated.

No warning.

No explanation.

Just goodbye.

So . . . I call Golden Rule. After being on hold for 15 minutes they say they will have to call me back. They don't show anything in their system and nothing on the GA DOI site indicates a problem.

Their explanation?

"It was probably sent in error".

Really?

They were to call me back in 20 minutes after more research. That was 3 hours ago.

So I called them again and (miracle) the same lady answered the phone as before.

No, she had not heard back from licensing as to why the letter went out but she is sure it is a mistake. She promises to get back to me before the day is over.

Sure. No problem.

Agent agreement says they will pay me for 5 years or until annual commission drops below $1000.

Gives me time to move the healthy folks and leave them with the sickies.

Got a letter today saying my agency agreement is terminated effective June 3.

I am still appointed as an agent, but my agency (where my commissions are paid) is terminated.

No warning.

No explanation.

Just goodbye.

So . . . I call Golden Rule. After being on hold for 15 minutes they say they will have to call me back. They don't show anything in their system and nothing on the GA DOI site indicates a problem.

Their explanation?

"It was probably sent in error".

Really?

They were to call me back in 20 minutes after more research. That was 3 hours ago.

So I called them again and (miracle) the same lady answered the phone as before.

No, she had not heard back from licensing as to why the letter went out but she is sure it is a mistake. She promises to get back to me before the day is over.

Sure. No problem.

These calls would go differently if there existed a system where you get their employee number and their paychecks get held until the call is resolved...

BTW I got my email today about the annual investigation.

Update.

Got an email about 30 minutes after my last phone call.

"Termination without cause."

WTH?

Got a call in to a long time contact up there trying to find out what this is all about. Commissions will continue to be paid for 5 yrs or until the annual payout is less than $1000.

This is a complete mystery.

I have been told in the past they terminated some guys in FL because all they wrote was HIPAA business. They don't do that in GA so that can't be it.

They don't have production requirements so the dozen or so cases I write each year isn't the reason.

Never heard of anything like this before.

Back