I'm Being Investigated......

I think UHC is positioning themselves to dump their under 65 agent channel, or at least the under 65 product support...

Anything is possible and would not surprise me if they did. They are not geared up to write direct and have a poor track record for the direct (under 65) business they do write.

When were you terminated? I assume you contracted direct, not through a key broker.

I don't write any senior business with them or with AARP, so for those who have received a letter, do all of you write senior business with them? I only ask because this thread is in a senior forum.

I've written med-supps, PDP's and MAPD's for UHC/AARP since 2008.

I agree. I wonder if other companies....like MoO...and Humana, check up on their agents each year? If so, aren't they required to let you know? I wonder if a DUI conviction or drug possession conviction or assault conviction would knock someone out with UHC?

Yes, all of these plus bankruptcy (which is the reason for credit check).

Sorry to hear about your troubles. We all have our difficult times in this industry. There's no one out there protecting/ helping agents.

Got a letter today saying my agency agreement is terminated effective June 3.

I am still appointed as an agent, but my agency (where my commissions are paid) is terminated.

No warning.

No explanation.

Check to see if you sent them an E&O schedule page for your agency. Might be you just sent the schedule for showing you the agent. I had to send both about a month or so ago. Just before I left for Germany...

And because Russ likes his music... GUTEN TAG :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
They have never asked for E&O on the agency, nor has any other carrier. Not sure it would matter since I am the only employee and only agent.

Been playing phone tag with an inside contact for several days and hoping for some clarification once we hook up.

Back