I'm Deciding Between Two Course Providers, NEED HELP!

israel7

I am currently looking to get my licence to sell life insurance (New Mexico). I am not sure which course provider to go with, I am thinking about going with Kaplan Financial or with CPMI Professional Development. Are either of these online educators credible and/or good source providers? If you have had experience with any of these providers i'd really like to know how your experience was, thank you!

I don't remember seeing the CPMI name before.

This thread offers comments on 3 training courses which I take to be the most common ones.

http://www.insurance-forums.net/for...m/kaplan-vs-examfx-vs-ad-banker-t84967-2.html

I started with ExamFx, using it lightly. I have not yet used it in depth, or sat for exams, so I cannot give you personal comments about its effectiveness.

Best Wishes for your licensing process.

In the end, it doesn't matter much. Pick one, go with it, get it done.

Its good to know what they teach you, but in the end, very little of your day to day job is covered in the licensing courses. They teach regulations, not sales. Can't imagine they are that much different from one to the next.

Online classes tend to vary a bit, but in the end, they still get the job done.

Also, whatever you miss in pre-licensing will get beat into your head with the required CE over the years.

Dan

Do not become a captive agent! Being an independent agent is far superior in the products you can offer as well as the commission. I have my own firm, Flatirons Financial Group, and have several independent agents under me, most out of state. Feel free to contact me and I will be more than happy to chat and answer any questions you may have.
Regards,
Brian
303-946-7657

I took mine through Kaplan, cost me about 245.00 in Nov 2015, 3 day class. I already had some insurance experience and missed half the day on annuities....I would recommend getting a good night's sleep during the three nights before your class and study if you need to. I didnt and I passed the following saturday after classes ended. A passing score is all that matters.

I used examfx and found it to be good. Studied the content they provided me and passed my life, health, and accident first try. There was also a discount code provided by my agency...

Back