I'm Looking for the Right IMO! Any Thoughts?

Is this the right way to ask a question in here?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cleatus

I’m an Independent Agent in Tennessee. My lines of authority are Life, Health and Accident. Looking for the right IMO. I’ve run the gauntlet and quite frankly, got burnt out. I started with Aflac, went to LH (yea, that one), then to an IMO with low commissions. I got released from my contract 9-28-17. I thought I wanted to sell Medicare products and will, but I’m not going to kill myself worrying about AEP. I did the AHIP training and at present I’m certified with, appointed by, and contracted with, Aetna, Humana, and United Health Care for the 2018 benefit year. I don’t feel confident enough now to jump in AEP running. I think I will sell enough throughout the year to meet at least the minimum requirements to keep my contracts for next year when I’ll be better prepared for AEP. My experience is mainly FE. Over the past couple of months, I have invested a lot in getting ready for the move from my former IMO. I have purchased new office equipment (laptop, laser printer, phones, etc.). I built a website and bought my domain for 3 years. I have a Google G+ account with my website domain for my email address. I have magnetic business cards and magnetic 2018 calendars with all my company info on them. I’m not exactly sure why I even need an IMO unless it would be to negotiate higher commissions (110% or better) through carriers and maybe leads. I won’t sign a contract that doesn’t have an immediate release upon request. I still have contracts with 2 FE carriers but haven’t sold anything in 2 years, and won’t at the commissions schedule I have through my past IMO. I’m looking at Fexcontracting and Senior Market Sales. I’ve been in this business since 2009 and seem to just be learning the ABC’s. I’m hoping, by joining this forum I won’t have as much trouble with the XYZ’s. I’m up for advice from experienced Agents. I’m a firm believer in remaining silent and thought a fool, rather than speak-up and remove the doubt. Thanks

If you are looking at selling only FEX, definitely go with an IMO that fits that bill and sells only FEX. However, you may need different options when it comes to placing a Life Insurance case, so that might not be the best fit.

Give me a call if you are still actively searching for the right fit! Capmar specializes in hard-to-place Life Insurance cases and top Annuity contracts.
Nice bow tie Harry. :yes:

If you are looking at selling only FEX, definitely go with an IMO that fits that bill and sells only FEX. However, you may need different options when it comes to placing a Life Insurance case, so that might not be the best fit.

Give me a call if you are still actively searching for the right fit! Capmar specializes in hard-to-place Life Insurance cases and top Annuity contracts.
Seems every post you have made is a recruiting effort. :no:

Family First Life is a great IMO. I started as a captive agent when I began selling insurance and then went independent this Jan with FFL. Comp plan is high. Training and support is great and no one is micromanaging you.

Feel free to reach out to me via email or by phone if you have any questions about my specific experience with them so far. I’ll be happy to help as much as possible. My email is [email protected] and my cell is (205) 757-1062. Best of luck to you!

Back