Im seeking advice from health agents!!

There are still a few people in the world that want a down to earth real person to take care of them year after year. I think the personal touch of meeting with your clients stirs referrals as well.

POSTED A FEW HOURS AGO ON Im seeking advice from health agents!! - Insurance Forum for Agents

"I would first like to introduce my self. My name is Raymond Bartreau. I am the owner of Best Rate Referrals LLC. Over the last 6 years I have been consulting Mortgage Brokers and LOs a like how to generate more business. We also have a telemarketing center in Las Vegas Nevada that we use to generate leads for them. We are looking to get into setting appointments for health insurance agents to go into new businesses and sell their policies.

I am looking for some advice from health agents that actually target new small business. Any advice at all would be great, such as, the best cities to do this wrok in, what is the average price for these types of leads, what are the average closing ratios on this type of marketing with american telemarketers? What are other companies minimums? Etc...

We did do a beta test in Las Vegas with an agent that actually cold called our office one time for insurance. We invited him in and he got our business. It turned a lightbulb on in my head and we ran a test for him. Out of 100 appointments over a 2 month span he wrote policies on 58% of them. Is this a good ratio? I don't know how many policies total he got but he did tell me that he got half individual and half group.

We are about to release these for sell to the open market but before I do I want to make sure I have everything down pat. maybe I can run a beta test for a couple members of this board to see where I can improve the campaign before we release it for sell.

Any help or feed back would be great.

Thanks!

Exactly, i did cut and paste the message. The fact of the matter is that I actually did them all on the same day. For some reason the other site didn't allow my domain on there and i had to clear it with the moderator which took a couple days.

Sorry if i cheated on you guys on the other forum...lol i was doing research, i tend to look in more than one place. I will say this though that you all have been much more helpful and this site is going much better for me....;)

Sorry for affending you guys that are upset.

Same misspelling. However, there is nothing wrong with asking for info in multiple places, just a little laziness.

Exactly, money is money and if you can better your clsing ratio and get more referrals by doing things face to face then why the heck not.

When I say old school i mean the way everyone used to do sales. Face to face. Very little over the phone and of course the internet age has changed some things making it much easeier for sales people to be lazier. Some may call it working smarter and that is true if you writing a ton of business form your office without leaving. however if you dont have too much work then going on appointments will get you to that point.

The way I look at it is if you can write 50% of all the appointments I send you on and then you can get a referral out of every 5 appointments you sell, thats 60 minimum policies for every 100 orders purchased, MINIMUM.

I really don't see meeting with clients as being old school. I see it as being flexible. I sign up online just like everyone else but I'm not gonna miss a $1,200 family commission because I'm unwilling to drive 15 minutes down the road.

"Out of 100 appointments over a 2 month span he wrote policies on 58% of them"

As someone said...that is BS (not my words).

Yet...there it was posted again on a different site.

Don't worry. I'm not upset. Let's just wait and see how it all plays out. If the 58% turns out to be accurate (documented)...I'll apologize for my senseless post.

Since when is it frowned upon to promote a business or self on more than one area of media? Some of you have blogs, some do infomercials, some run ads, some want to help people, some are self serving... happens all the time and many on this forum are just as "guilty" if that is really the appropiate word here... as anyone else.

This spirit is what drives capitalism and this country for that matter... the strong survive, the weak complain and cry! Meanwhile healthy competition is just that... healthy! Just a little more healthier for the ones with the larger market share. Competition does wonders for pricing of products though huh?

This issue is really a non issue... if Raymond has a service or commodity that is welcome by some in the community... then it is what it is. In my opinion... No one should have a problem with that...

I for one happen to love this venue, and have learned alot from some of the seasoned individuals that unselfishly publish their thoughts, advice, humor and teachings. Sometimes we just stray a little, thats all.

Ok, said my peace, now I am ready for the gauntlet...

but for what its worth, Cheers!

Al D.

Back