I'm sure this is a worn out topic here but.. LEADS?

Affluencer

Hi all, I have been browsing the forum for a while reading various discussions. However, I wanted to create an account for this reason.

Selling insurance / building a team has always been a side hustle for me with the hopes of one day developing a solid foundation to make it a full time thing.

I have been able to find sales through referrals, network marketing, etc. as I'm taught. However, I find that the real success is in the ability to build a brokerage / team and the problem is it is quite the lengthy process finding other individuals that want to buy into the network marketing business model. While I'm content having this business as a side hustle / supplement to my main job, I would like to scale it as much as possible.

I do like annuities but I also sell a lot of IUL's. I was curious if anyone on the forum has any unique advice for lead generation and prospecting? I've paid for a number of services and had no luck. I feel like if I was able to find a solid provider of leads or a reliable method of prospecting, it would make it a lot more appealing when I try to build a team because I would have a system to teach to people instead of "refer me all your friends and family and then ask them to refer you all your friends and family". I love insurance because of the potential. With my pay grid, I can make a passive 6 figures if I could just figure out that mystery formula of how to teach 5 people how to close 5 (relatively tiny) IUL's / month. That's always been my goal but I just never felt comfortable recruiting on the network marketing model. Has anyone had any luck with any strategies or programs? I'm not too worried about pricing but if there was something I could refer my recruits to so they would have an actual job to do, I think it would be a game changer for me. But that's what everyone says, right? LOL anything would be appreciated.

Hi all, I have been browsing the forum for a while reading various discussions. However, I wanted to create an account for this reason.

Selling insurance / building a team has always been a side hustle for me with the hopes of one day developing a solid foundation to make it a full time thing.

I have been able to find sales through referrals, network marketing, etc. as I'm taught. However, I find that the real success is in the ability to build a brokerage / team and the problem is it is quite the lengthy process finding other individuals that want to buy into the network marketing business model. While I'm content having this business as a side hustle / supplement to my main job, I would like to scale it as much as possible.

I do like annuities but I also sell a lot of IUL's. I was curious if anyone on the forum has any unique advice for lead generation and prospecting? I've paid for a number of services and had no luck. I feel like if I was able to find a solid provider of leads or a reliable method of prospecting, it would make it a lot more appealing when I try to build a team because I would have a system to teach to people instead of "refer me all your friends and family and then ask them to refer you all your friends and family". I love insurance because of the potential. With my pay grid, I can make a passive 6 figures if I could just figure out that mystery formula of how to teach 5 people how to close 5 (relatively tiny) IUL's / month. That's always been my goal but I just never felt comfortable recruiting on the network marketing model. Has anyone had any luck with any strategies or programs? I'm not too worried about pricing but if there was something I could refer my recruits to so they would have an actual job to do, I think it would be a game changer for me. But that's what everyone says, right? LOL anything would be appreciated.

If you are trying to build a team before becoming an expert at what you do you are doing it backwards and you are going to fail out hard. Team building is sucker bait if you are doing it on low commission contracts and you do not have your own lead programs and contracting department in place.
You need to personally sell insurance at a high-level for several years first. Then when YOU know the lead side of the business you will be in a much better position to set up your leads programs.
You need to be as close to the 140% and 150% commission levels as possible to build. You can’t reasonable expect to do it on 120% commission levels. Why would agents stick with you when you are inexperienced and offering them low commissions?
It sounds like you have been recruited in by a rah-rah Multi-level marketing group. Easy to do. There are several huge ones within this industry. They will definitely lead you down the wrong path.

If you are trying to build a team before becoming an expert at what you do you are doing it backwards and you are going to fail out hard. Team building is sucker bait if you are doing it on low commission contracts and you do not have your own lead programs and contracting department in place.
You need to personally sell insurance at a high-level for several years first. Then when YOU know the lead side of the business you will be in a much better position to set up your leads programs.
You need to be as close to the 140% and 150% commission levels as possible to build. You can’t reasonable expect to do it on 120% commission levels. Why would agents stick with you when you are inexperienced and offering them low commissions?
It sounds like you have been recruited in by a rah-rah Multi-level marketing group. Easy to do. There are several huge ones within this industry. They will definitely lead you down the wrong path.

I like to think I am an expert as far as product knowledge goes (between the IUL and FIA). I have developed an obsession with learning about the various ways people can use them to build wealth and mitigate taxes and I absolutely love meeting new clients and diving into their situation to see what we can do, if anything, to help them. I have no problem training people on the sale, on the service, on the product, on the strategies, etc. I love it. I love teaching people how money works and how insurance is more than just a death benefit.

My problem is with marketing. I just do what I do when the opportunity presents itself through my network and make a decent supplemental income doing it. That isn't a marketing strategy I'd feel comfortable teaching to someone looking for a career because I want to avoid being the kind of person that suckers people into a MLM. I'd like to experiment with different strategies, services, etc. until I find something that is capable of creating the demand agents would be able to thrive in (If it's even possible). And to your point about commission level, I'm not worried about the commissions on personal production, I'm interested in the override system and the bonuses because while I admit my commission level is unappealing, the profit sharing and overrides are not plus the fact that we can never lose overrides even if an agent reaches our contract level. But aside from that, executive contracts partake in a 4% profit share distribution. That's what's appealing to me. Plus I love the people I work with. I know it's a cliche but atmospheres matters to me regardless of whether or not their lead generation tactics are garbage LoL!

Thank you! However, I'm not interested in leaving my current brokerage to sell elsewhere. I'm just interested in seeing what others in the industry are having success with as far as lead generation goes, services they pay for, ad campaigns that work, etc. I love where I'm at but would love it even more if I was able to add some secret sauce to expedite team building aka leads!

Listen to what’s been said. Detox from the MLM kool-aid. Don’t let WFG or PHP or whoever sold you this dream to poison your perception of the industry for another second.

Get some DM leads, hop in the car, and learn how to sell the insurance.
LOL, I know quite a few former WFG people. They are very "unusual" people in the sense that I can't fully grasp. Never considered joining MLM with them, and didn't really like what they described to me about WFG. I can't say I like that kind of energy. But those few I know have pretty strong work ethics, so I give them a lot of credits and respect them too. I kinda want to know what's up with WFG that so many hate it.

I like to think I am an expert as far as product knowledge goes (between the IUL and FIA). I have developed an obsession with learning about the various ways people can use them to build wealth and mitigate taxes and I absolutely love meeting new clients and diving into their situation to see what we can do, if anything, to help them. I have no problem training people on the sale, on the service, on the product, on the strategies, etc. I love it. I love teaching people how money works and how insurance is more than just a death benefit.

My problem is with marketing. I just do what I do when the opportunity presents itself through my network and make a decent supplemental income doing it. That isn't a marketing strategy I'd feel comfortable teaching to someone looking for a career because I want to avoid being the kind of person that suckers people into a MLM. I'd like to experiment with different strategies, services, etc. until I find something that is capable of creating the demand agents would be able to thrive in (If it's even possible). And to your point about commission level, I'm not worried about the commissions on personal production, I'm interested in the override system and the bonuses because while I admit my commission level is unappealing, the profit sharing and overrides are not plus the fact that we can never lose overrides even if an agent reaches our contract level. But aside from that, executive contracts partake in a 4% profit share distribution. That's what's appealing to me. Plus I love the people I work with. I know it's a cliche but atmospheres matters to me regardless of whether or not their lead generation tactics are garbage LoL!
You have been pulled in to a pyramid. No shame in it but just be aware of it. Call Todd King and let him explain the business to you. Don’t continue making sales in your current situation until you know what you are giving up.
Believe me, people with their hand deep in your pocket are some of the nicest people you ever want to meet. Until you tell them to get their hands off your money. Then they get all frowny faced.

Back