Image Advertising

warrenins

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about something I want to do. I have been thinking about this for some time but cannot come up with any ideas. I bought my office about 4 years ago. It's a historic house built about 1888 just outside a town square south of Atlanta. My office is on a busy busy road. I was trying to think of something to put out in front to catch the eye of people driving by. I didn't want to do anything tacky just something fun or catchy that people will remember. I guess the goal would be as follows.
John Business Owner asks: "So where is your office?"
Me: "i'm on Hampton Street, just outside the square, right across..."
John: "Oh is your office the one with the _________out front?"

Maybe we could rotate different things. One other plus, we have train tracks just up the street so sometimes cars are sitting in front of our office waiting for it to pass. A train is coming through now as I'm typing.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike

Here's a good idea that came to mind from my old hometown:

In the early 1970's, Gas City was one of the first independent petroleum marketers to sell dairy products. To promote this new product, Mr. McEnery purchased a fiberglass cow and placed it on the roof of his first location at 55th and Pulaski in Chicago. The cow stayed there until the roof gave way to the cow's weight in 1976. This fiberglass cow now has a permanent home at the Gas City corporate headquarters, which was relocated from Chicago to Frankfort, Illinois in 1972.

gc_au_station.jpg

Thanks for the feedback so far everyone. That's the kind of thing I'm geting at Moonlight. Something that stands out but doesn't get the mayor down here asking me if I have lost my marbles. I might be able to get something like an AFLAC Duck out there but I'm betting although my office isn't on the wrong side of the tracks (LOL Arnguy) it wouldn't last one night. It would fly the coop so to speak.
Mr Bill you might have to explain the Elvis Bob to me.

Here's a good idea that came to mind from my old hometown:

In the early 1970's, Gas City was one of the first independent petroleum marketers to sell dairy products. To promote this new product, Mr. McEnery purchased a fiberglass cow and placed it on the roof of his first location at 55th and Pulaski in Chicago. The cow stayed there until the roof gave way to the cow's weight in 1976. This fiberglass cow now has a permanent home at the Gas City corporate headquarters, which was relocated from Chicago to Frankfort, Illinois in 1972.

gc_au_station.jpg

A furniture store here in town has two very real looking cows out front eating grass. You can't miss it because they look so out of place in the city. I think that's a winner.

</IMG>

Back