IMO contract.

Newbie504

Hello everyone. I'm brand new to the industry (I haven't even taken the exam yet) and I'm interested in selling FE. Without practicing due diligence I applied with Symmetry financial group. After doing my homework (a little late I know), I've decided that they dont sound like the best fit. Obviously I haven't written any business with them or attended any training with them. Is anyone familiar with the repercussions of quitting this company? Can I join another IMO immediately with no consequences? This may have been covered here, but I couldnt find any direct info on the subject. Thanks.

Yes, you can work with whomever you want. If you have contracted with Symmetry already with a carrier or multiple carriers, most likely you'll be locked out of those carriers for six months until you can move them to your new IMO, assuming you do not write any business in the mean time.

The best opportunity to consider an IMO change is right where you are now. Less baggage to deal with, and plenty of carriers to replace those that will be locked out.

I suggest you send/email a letter to your immediate upline as well as SFG Corporate that you have changed your mind and do not want to proceed with contracting through SFG. Ask for written confirmation that your contract with them has been cancelled.

Since you are not a licensed agent, it should not be a problem for you to cancel the contracting. Unlicensed agents cannot be contracted with a carrier. Your recruiter will try to convince you to stay with SFG.

Good luck with your IMO search.

Hello everyone. I'm brand new to the industry (I haven't even taken the exam yet) and I'm interested in selling FE. Without practicing due diligence I applied with Symmetry financial group. After doing my homework (a little late I know), I've decided that they dont sound like the best fit. Obviously I haven't written any business with them or attended any training with them. Is anyone familiar with the repercussions of quitting this company? Can I join another IMO immediately with no consequences? This may have been covered here, but I couldnt find any direct info on the subject. Thanks.

No issues at all. Symmetry is a very active recruiter that goes after newly licensed agents so they get that all the time. People go ready, fire, aim in the wrong order.

They will sometimes release your contracts but not always. But no big deal either way. You just sell different companies for a few months and then you can pick any of those contracts back up that you want. Symmetry doesn't have the real competitive companies anyway so you are not in bad shape. They will tie up a few useful ones but you can easily work around those.

Since you have not gotten your license just yet, you don't have any contracts with any insurance companies. Go ahead and search for the IMO you want, get your license, and then contract through them. Easy as that. You owe Symmetry not one thing or no explanation.

Back