IMO Drama

I have been licensed to sell Life and Health for 2 years. I have tried to work with several different IMO’s. I cannot express in words how bad these places were. First I am automatically a recruiter. Which I didn’t understand. Couldn’t sell the product. How do you recruit someone at that point? Not for me. Many claim to have the best programs. Exclusive leads. Maybe my mind is too simple for this stuff. You sell a lead to an agent. They don’t sell in a certain amount of time. I understand. Then they sell the same lead a second time. Agent doesn’t sell in time. Sold a 3rd time? Sounds like a lead company to me. I have been told by a manager that this was the “greatest place in the world” One week later he is trying to recruit me for somewhere else. Seriously. Is there
Anyone that is legit in this business? Or am I just another pothole buying leads? Who is legit? Anyone? Someone who will train and not focus on recruitment and pounding leads up my a**.

There are several on here that would be glad to help you. But here is the reality, if you want to work FE and aren't willing to invest in leads, then you are wasting everyone's time, yourself included.

Some leads are better than others, and the group's interest in leads should be you making sales, not selling leads. But you better believe, leads are essential to success in FE.

Sure, you can go door knock off a cold list or cold call, but that is difficult and you'll find few willing to teach you that do.

If you have less than 5 years in, DO NOT recruit
Buy leads and work till the cows come home! I recall 30 years ago working from 8am to 8pm m-f and 10-2 on Sat
Now, if this is not for you, find another job

Buy leads and work till the cows come home! I recall 30 years ago working from 8am to 8pm m-f and 10-2 on Sat

My two month anniversary of being full time on a lead order will be 4/8.

I buy 25 leads/week, which is more than enough so long as you will work the hours needed to make contact with each and everyone (not nearly as easy as one may think).

I try to be at my first door by 10 AM, and last door at 8 PM. and 10 to 2 most Saturdays.

I have gone two and three days at time without a sale.

I have had a couple of rather poor production weeks (I define a poor week as any week in which I write less than $2K AP).

But by putting in the hours, my months have both been above my minium goal of $10K AP for the month.

I tried two different IMO's, and essentially stayed part time for nearly two years before doing what everyone here recommends: Get with one of the IMO's here on the forum, get on a weekly direct mail lead order, and get out there and door knock all of your leads. It works if you work. As anyone will tell you, you will have bad days, perhaps a bad week here and there, but if you do the work, you should not have a bad month. If you do the work.

I totally get the hard work part. I totally understand buying leads constantly. I have 2
Questions. How do you know who is a legit IMO that will offer fair contracts and some training? Who do you trust with leads? I know it’s an investment. I also realize not every lead will be a deal. All I am asking for is guidance.

I totally get the hard work part. I totally understand buying leads constantly. I have 2
Questions. How do you know who is a legit IMO that will offer fair contracts and some training? Who do you trust with leads? I know it’s an investment. I also realize not every lead will be a deal. All I am asking for is guidance.
Thedude FMO is said to be the best FMO...................according to Thedude. :yes:

Back