IMO/FMO

Michael Aramouni

Question.

1. What is an IMO/FMO (not the definition but details), and why can't an agent get a direct appointment through a carrier without one?

2. How do you go about choosing one and finding the right one?

3. Do you find an IMO/FMO and see what carriers they have or do you join an IMO/FMO and let the carriers you get contracted with know which IMO/FMO you are with?

Appreciate your feedback!

An IMO has an established relationship with the insurance carriers and their contracts are high, with that said they must produce a certain amount of volume. their job is to recruit agents and train them to cater to the products they offer. There is no special sauce just go with an IMO that pays 100% or more. If you need any help message me i researched over 100 IMOs before i found the one i liked.

Thanks bdub. How do you go about researching them? Or even finding them? Also how do you find out what they pay? Sold insurance for years but going on my own like this is brand new to me.

Who says you can’t go direct with a carrier? Plenty of times you can but you could benefit with an FMO and get the same comm

Thanks bdub. How do you go about researching them? Or even finding them? Also how do you find out what they pay? Sold insurance for years but going on my own like this is brand new to me.

One way is to ask about any particular ones here on the forum. Most of the ones on the forum have been found to have standards, like good commissions and will also give a release when asked.

How much assistance will you be needing? Some IMO only give you good contracts and no real service when asked, or you can find on that gives good contracts that will be more than happy to help you when you need it as well as some training if needed.

It also depends on what vertical you are planning on jumping into. Final Expense, Mortgage Protection, Medicare etc?

An IMO has an established relationship with the insurance carriers and their contracts are high, with that said they must produce a certain amount of volume. their job is to recruit agents and train them to cater to the products they offer. There is no special sauce just go with an IMO that pays 100% or more. If you need any help message me i researched over 100 IMOs before i found the one i liked
If you have any info on a good FMO/IMO in Central Arkansas, Hot Springs area, send me some info

An IMO has an established relationship with the insurance carriers and their contracts are high, with that said they must produce a certain amount of volume. their job is to recruit agents and train them to cater to the products they offer. There is no special sauce just go with an IMO that pays 100% or more. If you need any help message me i researched over 100 IMOs before i found the one i liked.
Wow! thats a lot of work... whom did you end up choosing?

Every IMO/FMO will tout their horns loud enough to tell you they are the best, its for you to find out what is a good fit with an IMO/FMO. commissions are +/- some %.

Latest posts

Back