IMO's

We could probably be of greater help if you would ask exactly what it is that you are looking for. Usually an IMO will not be able to offer you as good a contract as an FMO.

Sorry I wasn't clear. I'm looking for IMO's with:

1) multiple carrier contracts available
2) high pay-outs
3) strong technology platform that can be utilized for everything such as contact management, illustrations, application submission, underwriting updates, etc. A system that will help streamline the process
4) Some front-end sales support (but not a critical item)
5) size and scope based on total override revenue for the last two years

Does that help clarify?

Sorry I wasn't clear. I'm looking for IMO's with:

1) multiple carrier contracts available
2) high pay-outs
3) strong technology platform that can be utilized for everything such as contact management, illustrations, application submission, underwriting updates, etc. A system that will help streamline the process
4) Some front-end sales support (but not a critical item)
5) size and scope based on total override revenue for the last two years

Does that help clarify?

It does, but I'm under the impression you're not entirely familiar with the way this industry works.

1. As far as multiple carrier contracts, almost anyone.
2. High pay-outs are relative. You should be able to get a street contract with just about anyone. If you don't have a solid and documented production history, you're going to be able to do better. That's not to say you won't find some contract whore willing to give you something higher, but anyone worth their salt is going to want to see a production history.
3. If you want a high payout, you're probably going to have to do some of this yourself. There is no point in an IMO offering this much support AND paying unusually high commissions, at least with the contact management end of things. Individual carriers should be able to give you access to the underwriting updates, illustration software, etc, but only on the business you're doing with them.
4. Front end sales support? If you need help on the front end you should expect a street or below street commission level.
5. Not really sure what you mean by this.

Judging from what very little I know of you and your situation at the moment, you probably need to just got contracted with a few carriers under a GA that can hold your hand and help you get started. Selling life insurance is rarely about the technology and is more about the marketing and lead systems. E-mail me and I can give you some suggestions.

Good morning,
I am a newbie. My background is with a medicare advantage plan in NY and I"ve been doing this for a little less than 2 years so a lot of this is greek to me. Question: what is a FMO/ IMO ?

Good morning,
I am a newbie. My background is with a medicare advantage plan in NY and I"ve been doing this for a little less than 2 years so a lot of this is greek to me. Question: what is a FMO/ IMO ?

First, I'm sorry to hear that you're an MA rep. Second, sorry to hear you're an insurance agent in NY! An FMO/IMO is a Field Marketing Organization or Independent Marketing Organization. Either way it's like a GA on steroids. Most of the time you can go direct with them, but sometimes you can only get to one through a GA.

Does anyone have any feed back on Medicare supplement Insurance Service, Inc. Out of Valdosta.GA. How are they to work with, are they reputable?

Back