In 20 Years I've never "SOLD" a Med Supp-how is it done?

HSTKC

Expert
I HAVE Med Supp clients--from when I first started with UHC and got Med Supp leads. People called, wanted a Med Supp and you went and enrolled them

Have done MAPDs for many years and built a nice book. Im at the age and book size I dont need to do aggressive prospecting. But do want to continue to build the book

And would like to do it via Med Supps but have NEVER found a way to sell them

Did some T65 mailings--they were a waste. Not retiring yet mostly

Did some Med Supp mailings--they were a waste. People so old they just mailed anything in

If I can FIND PEOPLE LOOKING FOR MED SUPP its easy sale. But never been able to find them

For you Med Supp Kings--what has worked for you?

How did you write Med advantage many years but not one Medsupp

I find no matter what advertisement I do I get a mix, Most don't even know the difference between medsupp and MA

If you explain it properly you would have a mix no matter what you do

I HAVE Med Supp clients--from when I first started with UHC and got Med Supp leads. People called, wanted a Med Supp and you went and enrolled them

Have done MAPDs for many years and built a nice book. Im at the age and book size I dont need to do aggressive prospecting. But do want to continue to build the book

And would like to do it via Med Supps but have NEVER found a way to sell them

Did some T65 mailings--they were a waste. Not retiring yet mostly

Did some Med Supp mailings--they were a waste. People so old they just mailed anything in

If I can FIND PEOPLE LOOKING FOR MED SUPP its easy sale. But never been able to find them

For you Med Supp Kings--what has worked for you?

It sounds like you might have had your demographics wrong when you were attempting the med supps. If you use the same demographics that you use for MAPD, then there's one of the problems.

T65 is pretty hard. You have to really work that market for a while before you see the results. 67+ is the way to go in my opinion, but Chazm does quite well in the T65 market.

No one that already HAS a Med supp will even talk to me about replacing it. My experience here is-unless you get them a 64.75 you are never going to get them

Would seem to me the key is--how do I find them? UHC cant vacuum up EVERYONE?

That's not true I sign many between 75 and 85 also

I do agree many times it's hard to talk sense in an AARP or BC person although you can get a few of those too

but the ones with other carriers are far easier to talk with

I didnt say you didnt write them. I said I havent! I just need a way to get in front of them---once you get in front of them its a sale

Never ONCE in 20 years have I asked someone if they wanted to compare the rates on their current supp and made a sale. Never. OH NO I CANT TAKE THAT CHANCE!!!
Your statement
No one that already HAS a Med supp will even talk to me about replacing it. My experience here is-unless you get them a 64.75 you are never going to get them

I didnt say you didnt write them. I said I havent! I just need a way to get in front of them---once you get in front of them its a sale

Never ONCE in 20 years have I asked someone if they wanted to compare the rates on their current supp and made a sale. Never. OH NO I CANT TAKE THAT CHANCE!!!

That's not quite how you do it, so maybe that's a reason.

If you are doing mailers, then make your incomes from 20K to 50K or so. Now you'll find the med supp clients. They are sending in a card, so they are showing some interest. If you are having trouble from this point, then I suppose you need some training. Call me.

That's not quite how you do it, so maybe that's a reason.

If you are doing mailers, then make your incomes from 20K to 50K or so. Now you'll find the med supp clients. They are sending in a card, so they are showing some interest. If you are having trouble from this point, then I suppose you need some training. Call me.
THANKS

I only write Medigap.

Most are T65, many of those are referrals.

Also get call in from website and YT channel.

I don't "sell" Medigap but I do take orders.

Get calls all the time from folks who think they are paying too much for Medigap. I write the healthy ones and let the others alone.

I only write Medigap.

Most are T65, many of those are referrals.

Also get call in from website and YT channel.

I don't "sell" Medigap but I do take orders.

Get calls all the time from folks who think they are paying too much for Medigap. I write the healthy ones and let the others alone.

I have hundreds of clients and get referrals--but its always "I want the same plan Joe has" which is an MAPD.

Yeah I never "sold" any MS either--people called and I wrote the app

So just sounds like this is something I should have worked on 20 years ago

Not a tragedy just an aggravation

Last edited:
I think my ship has sailed for MS

I have hundreds of clients and get referrals--but its always "I want the same plan Joe has" which is an MAPD.

Yeah I never "sold" any MS either--people called and I wrote the app

So just sounds like this is something I should have worked on 20 years ago

Not a tragedy just an aggravation

Still just talking to prospects your bound to get a few by accident

Latest posts

Back