In 2017 who Does CHF Level?

Turbo3.8

Expert
I have a customer. Submitted level. She denies having chf even though she has a medicine that is for fluid around the heart. Denied! Can anyone do?
I thought Assurity used to do as level. Seems like there used to be a few carriers who will do this level but now not so much?Customer will only do if level(immediate coverage). Any recommendations?

Supposedly Great Western will. It priced about 40% more than Gerber. I'm very suspicious a contestable claim would be paid. Aetna will do graded 40/75% . Its about the same price as Great Western.

I agree with what Sammy said. If she can't get Level with GWIC, go with Aetna. If she's looking at a $10K policy, tell her that with Aetna, her policy has 1st day coverage of $4K($10K for accident) and that it grows to $7.5K in the 2nd year($10K for accident), and caps out after that at $10 K for sickness and accident. Aetna's Graded plan gives her 1st day coverage that grows for the 1st 2 years. Or she can be stupid, and have NO coverage.

You didn't mention her age. If under 60, you could do the same thing with Kanawha, but their Graded would be 25*50*75*100.

What was the med and what was the dosage? Furosemide? 20mg, 80mg? Many diuretics are used in conjunction with HBP drugs to treat hypertension too. I'm guessing she takes more than 60mg of furosemide daily which indicates CHF regardless of what the client says.

Americo specifically asks about it within a finite time period...Within in the past two years have you been told you have or been treated for CHF. Sometimes episodes of CHF can be triggered by other events and people are indeed not treated further. Most carriers do ask if the client has EVER been treated for or diagnosed with.

I agree. Plus, if the client says no they don't have CHF then who are we to write them like they do? We aren't doctors. Mark yes or no as the client answers. If client says the meds in question are for HBP, write that on the app & submit!

Back