In Fl. the Good Aetna HMO Network Will Be the Bad Coventry HMO Network for 2017

yogooglethis

Guru
1000 Post Club
In North Fl. the good Aetna HMO Network will be the bad Coventry HMO Network for 2017.This was just released to agents in training today in north Fl..Not 100% sure if this effects all of Fl. or the US for that matter.Also not sure of the disparity of the networks in other parts of the country but in n fl. it is a big difference

In North Fl. the good Aetna HMO Network will be the bad Coventry HMO Network for 2017.This was just released to agents in training today in north Fl..Not 100% sure if this effects all of Fl. or the US for that matter.Also not sure of the disparity of the networks in other parts of the country but in n fl. it is a big difference

That's not a good sign at all-the areas where Aetna is strongest in Florida (Sarasota/Manatee/Lee) they have made a couple of plan changes but there is no existing Coventry network so it's likely there will be no changes. I have some clients who are very happy with Aetna in Tampa and that could mean the same thing there.

Aetna is toast in Florida for MAPD in 2018, anyway...

Since I moved to an Aetna area last December I haven't done any plans. I just don't see it ever being competitive here in jax.

I don't find them competitive in Sarasota right now, it seems people are still leaning toward that uhc name in my cases anyway.

That's not a good sign at all-the areas where Aetna is strongest in Florida (Sarasota/Manatee/Lee) they have made a couple of plan changes but there is no existing Coventry network so it's likely there will be no changes. I have some clients who are very happy with Aetna in Tampa and that could mean the same thing there.

Aetna is toast in Florida for MAPD in 2018, anyway...

Why is Aetna toast in 2018?

Don't you keep up to date on these things?

https://news.aetna.com/news-release...re-advantage-assets-to-molina-healthcare-inc/

----------

I don't find them competitive in Sarasota right now, it seems people are still leaning toward that uhc name in my cases anyway.

Of course Aetna is competitive in Sarasota, they have a stronger network than UHC and excellent benefits.

The only time UHC is perceived as better is when someone wants a PPO and doesn't want to pay a premium.

This is going to change next year, Aetna is likely to put a premium on the Select HMO plan and drive people to a lower benefit level plan or away before they leave in 2018

The news release says that Aetna will be selling some of their mapd business to Molina. How do we know that they will be pulling out of Florida completely?

The news release says that Aetna will be selling some of their mapd business to Molina. How do we know that they will be pulling out of Florida completely?

So how does Aetna remain in Florida with Medicare if they sell their business to Molina? They will be Molina plans after the transaction is complete although it's possible Aetna will rent their network to Molina, we will have to wait until it's all complete to find out.

So how does Aetna remain in Florida with Medicare if they sell their business to Molina? They will be Molina plans after the transaction is complete although it's possible Aetna will rent their network to Molina, we will have to wait until it's all complete to find out.

My understanding is Aetna is not going to have HMO plans 2017 and will try to migrate their hmo membership to either the coventry hmo or Aeta PPO Plans. Supposedly the Aetna PPO will still ave the rich network and lower to no plan premiums for 2017

Back