In not NAA or Primerica ....where

rdavis85

Expert
I have been reading all the threads about NAA and Primerica. I'm taking my license exam on the 8th and am sorta with NAA now but have not signed anything.
My question is this. If not with either of these two that seem to take newbees in who. Where can you get practical training, leads etc. Lots say go Independent but really offer no insight on how to do this.
Post a reply here or e-mail me direct please: [email protected]

I have been reading all the threads about NAA and Primerica. I'm taking my license exam on the 8th and am sorta with NAA now but have not signed anything.
My question is this. If not with either of these two that seem to take newbees in who. Where can you get practical training, leads etc. Lots say go Independent but really offer no insight on how to do this.
Post a reply here or e-mail me direct please: [email protected]
There are other ways to go that don't necessarily start you at a low commission level and offer high priced non-med policies. Google independent insurance agencies and research them. Both NAA and Primerica stress recruiting because they are multi-level marketing organizations and it is in your best interest to do so. If you want to go with the mortgage protection side find one that offers free leads for production and use AIG, Banner, Westcoast Life, or any of the companies that have the competatively priced products. You might find a captured position with a reputable company like Northwestern Mutual Life or other well known company would be a way to get training and support. Independent is tough because you will be shelling out alot of dough at first to get a return. NAA has the most expensive leads in the industry and the price goes up as you become successful. It should be the other way around considering your upline makes a percentage of commission off each sale you make. Some organizations will reward you for production with lower priced or lead credits. Of course eventually getting referrals should help and there's a training side that needs to be addressed. The more you learn about product the more you'll stay away from NAA:no:

If you want to sell life insurance, I'd look to a traditional career shop: Mass Mutual, Met Life, Northwestern Mutual, or Guardian. It depends more on the local agency than anything else. Also, consider who will let you keep the business if you leave (not NML). As far as free leads, good luck! In this business, you need to learn how to sell. If they just gave out free leads and expected you to only sell those leads, why not just hire a home office flunkie for $12 per hour to call the leads. There's no such thing as a free lunch.

You are thinking to join National Agents Alliance?

Mr Davis,

Those are some great questions. All of the big insurance companies have reputable training for their products and teach you how to explain their features and benefits.

As far as independent or going with a FMO like National Agents Alliance the answer to that depends on how much energy you require to stay motivated.

People don't realize that when they are independent they are alone. :no:
While this is good for some, the great majority of people have an emotional need to be part of something BIG. :biggrin:

That's why they join groups and even attend church. They want to be connected.

So that's what these big FMOS like National Agents Alliance and Primerica do. They connect people with their live events throughout the year.

Now be aware they earn their profits from selling education and leads, but that's their business. They are a marketing company. No surprises right? :yes:

The funny thing is the price that these FMOS like National Agents Alliance and Primerica charge for their education is fairly reasonable compared to the rip off costs of a 4 year college education that you can really get from the library for FREE. ;)

The biggest difference between going independent or joining an FMO like National Agents Alliance or Primerica is your ability to build a team.

If you are independent, then how are you going to find the time to create training materials, educate your team and provide leads to them if you are in the field selling? :1baffled:

There are multiple answers to this question and National Agents Alliance is one of them.

I've been a licensed agent since 2001 and just recently joined National Agents Alliance for the sake of building a team. I like the ability to sell in the field and simply plugging the new members of my team into the training at National Agents Alliance. Do you see how that works? :yes:

Now I provide additional training and support that is very unique but that's only because I've been in the business for awhile and have read a ton of books. That's also the reason why I was a top producer at 2 of the 3 largest banks in the country.

If you are concerned about sales training, your best bet is to visit your public library and borrow a book or audio to listen in your car. You can also see the books that I recommend to all my agents that enabled me to create my team training guide called Secrets of a Top Producer. You can see all these books HERE.

As far as leads, there are many lead companies but it's important to look at if they sell their leads to everyone that will buy them or just one group of agents as is the case with National Agents Alliance.

Now if you have already completed your application to join somebody's National Agents Alliance team, by all means please stay with them.

We are all friends here at National Agents Alliance and I would never want to step on anybody's toes. Granted we are competitive and each want to build our teams, we respect each other very much. That is the culture that our leaders created for us.

With that being said, if you havn't completed an application with a National Agents team yet, then I invite you to complete an application today to join Our National Agents Alliance Team.

Good luck to you and please come and introduce yourself to our team at the 2009 convention in January if you decide to give it a shot. You can see what Olga and I look like at the link below.

Protecting Families,
James and Olga Blackburn

Rip off cost for a four year degree? Are you saying the cost or the four year degree is a rip off?

There's a lot of info available at your local library. But make no mistake about it a degree is a valuable thing to have. It opens doors that won't otherwise open, it gives you the opportunity to make lifetime connections with people you may not meet elsewhere.

If you are saying a degree is a rip off you are doing a disservice to many people.

Back