In the Game now

Welcome to the other side! I imagine that was a hard decision to make after a decade of career. The first year can be a bit scary and challenging, but the earning potential and time you'll gain back for yourself are priceless. BTW, what state are you in?

I lost 100% of my book of business when I made the change. 10 years worth... However, I work in IL, IA, and MO. Humana never was the best option in most of my areas.

My AEP this year will be explaining to my people (who respond back to my letter) that they have another choice. Keep the $79 to $97 Humana plan, or look at the $0 - 24 Aetna plans that have even better benefits.

I will lose some of my book because I cannot get to everyone, I am spread of a two hour radius (North, South, East and West), but I should be able to capture a large chunk this year... and if they want to review options in OEP... who am I to stop them. I also expect if I can save them enough money a GTL plan might work well.

I lost 100% of my book of business when I made the change. 10 years worth... However, I work in IL, IA, and MO. Humana never was the best option in most of my areas.

My AEP this year will be explaining to my people (who respond back to my letter) that they have another choice. Keep the $79 to $97 Humana plan, or look at the $0 - 24 Aetna plans that have even better benefits.

I will lose some of my book because I cannot get to everyone, I am spread of a two hour radius (North, South, East and West), but I should be able to capture a large chunk this year... and if they want to review options in OEP... who am I to stop them. I also expect if I can save them enough money a GTL plan might work well.

Still, though 1st year starting out, You don't have to spend on advertising and will write good numbers

You starting a good step ahead of others in their first year

Oh ok, they helped him "lose" it all.
How's that?

Um... Don't account for the Salary, Health Insurance, 401k, etc that Humana employees get.

He didn't "lose" anything. This is simply a more freeing option for him. Let's not knock career agencies that actually treat people decently financially. There are enough crappy IMO's to balance the scales.

To Op, good wishes for your next step!

Last edited:
Oh ok, they helped him "lose" it all.
How's that?

IDK he worked for a company with salary and more, He left, And he has more than most when they leave a company

I worked at a brokerage, when I left, I left my renewals clients and had a non-compete contract for one year

I have agreed to some of what you said in another thread, but on this one, Think he came out well

Back