Inadvertent Loss of Part D Drug Coverage

yabadabadoo1026

Guru
100+ Post Club
tying to help an ex- client seemingly now without D coverage and having to refill meds tomorrow and in a bit of a panic

She apparently had called the Mapd to give them an address change unknowing that she had moved outside their coverage area, She was not reading her mail currently as was having it sent to her sisters.

Now she tells me she sees in the mail her plan terminated on 6/30 due to the address change. She needs to fill meds tomorrow but seemingly would have no drug coverage now with the term of that MAPD

question--------If she is on LIS ( think she prob is but that's even not a definite) would the government have assigned her a D plan automatically?????? to pick up from 6/30 forward?????????????

I told to go thru all that mail and see if she sees anything on it-----------obviously she could call SS to find out albeit on hold a while

Any one have any thoughts on that????????????---------obviously could get her back set up 9/1 but that don't do her any good now for need for meds

tying to help an ex- client seemingly now without D coverage and having to refill meds tomorrow and in a bit of a panic

She apparently had called the Mapd to give them an address change unknowing that she had moved outside their coverage area, She was not reading her mail currently as was having it sent to her sisters.

Now she tells me she sees in the mail her plan terminated on 6/30 due to the address change. She needs to fill meds tomorrow but seemingly would have no drug coverage now with the term of that MAPD

question--------If she is on LIS ( think she prob is but that's even not a definite) would the government have assigned her a D plan automatically?????? to pick up from 6/30 forward?????????????

I told to go thru all that mail and see if she sees anything on it-----------obviously she could call SS to find out albeit on hold a while

Any one have any thoughts on that????????????---------obviously could get her back set up 9/1 but that don't do her any good now for need for meds

You can check on the medicare.gov website if she has a plan currently. On the initial "find a plan" screen, put in the information from her Medicare Card and her DOB. On the next screen, in the upper right it will show you her current PDP or MAPDP coverage.

Have her call Medicare or better do a three way with her and, ask/ demand a retroactive PDP/ MAPD enrollment. I bet I know the plan that termed her early (H), I had several with something similar happening.

You can check on the medicare.gov website if she has a plan currently. On the initial "find a plan" screen, put in the information from her Medicare Card and her DOB. On the next screen, in the upper right it will show you her current PDP or MAPDP coverage.

thank you for that ---good information to know---I will do that

Have her call Medicare or better do a three way with her and, ask/ demand a retroactive PDP/ MAPD enrollment. I bet I know the plan that termed her early (H), I had several with something similar happening.

I suspect it was a legitimate termination for moving outside the plan area. I'm a Vol as well-------fired up for some football------Butch is the man to get us back to what we used to be accustomed to!!!!!

Back